Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Error: A build error occurred. Check the build log. Not sure how to fix? Construct 2?

zhang__hugo
Beginner

I exported my Construct 2 game through Cordova and was trying to build it with Intel but I always get this error and I don't know how to fix it. Any ideas?

The build failed.
An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.
You can view the detailed log of the iOS build here
Build Log:
  • Building a Cordova 5.1.1 application.
  • The application name is "FlappyBirdsReturnTest3"
  • The package name is "not.yet.specified"
  • Will use the provisioning profile for "adhoc"
  • Plugin "cordova-plugin-device" (1.1.0) installed.
  • Plugin "cordova-plugin-splashscreen" (2.1.0) installed.
  • Plugin "cc.fovea.plugins.inapppurchase" (3.4.1) installed.
  • Plugin "com.mcm.plugins.androidinappbilling" (3.0.6) installed.
  • Plugin "com.rjfun.cordova.plugin.iad" (0.1.8) installed.
  • Plugin "uk.co.ilee.gamecenter" (0.3.3) installed.
  • Targeting iOS version 6.
  • Error: A build error occurred. Check the build log.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

The iOS build issue for armv7s architecture has been fixed. You should be able to build now with the plugins not having the armv7s architecture. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Can you attach the build log? (Click on the "here" link on the build page)

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Our current iOS build system requires armv7s architecture and one of the plugins in your project includes a static library without armv7s support. We are in the process of removing this requirement from our build system. This will be fixed soon. I'll update you when it's fixed.

0 Kudos
zhang__hugo
Beginner

Okay, thank you very much. Also, when I debug my game with the Intel app preview, the sound files become distorted. It is happening to many Construct 2 users so I was wondering if there is a workaround. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Hugo -- one other Construct2 user mentioned problems with distorted sound files and it was due to some beta update at Scirra, not the XDK. You might want to check and see if the Construct2 files in your project need to be updated.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

The iOS build issue for armv7s architecture has been fixed. You should be able to build now with the plugins not having the armv7s architecture. 

0 Kudos