Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Issue with APP ID on Windows build x Windows Store

Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

I am trying to publish an APP to Windows Store. The name of APP is ConfirmAkiPRO.

When I use only this name on building settings, the Windows Store does not accept my package. The error is:

Validation error:   All packages for this app must use the package identity name: 9HTSInformtica.ConfirmAkiPRO

If I change the ID name to this, the build starts OK:

Build Log:
  • Building a Cordova 4.1.2 application.
  • The application name is ConfirmAki PRO
  • The package name is 9HTSInformtica.ConfirmAkiPRO
but does not finish. In the log appears this line:

...\ConfirmAkiPRO\platforms\windows\build\windows80\Release\AnyCPU\AppxManifest.xml(24,18): error APPX1404: File content does not conform to specified schema. The 'Id' attribute is invalid - The value '9HTSInformtica.ConfirmAkiPRO' is invalid according to its datatype 

I´m lost.... It is my first APP in Windows Store. Maybe I´m doing somehing wrong.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Eric_H_Intel
Employee

Cordova 4.1.2 for Windows updates two fields in the appxmanifest file with the package name.   Unfortunately the fields have different specifications.   The one that is causing the error in your build does not allow the period "." character.

I have put a short term fix in place.   Try your build again and it should get past that problem.

Eric

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
32 Replies
Eric_H_Intel
Employee

Your information looks valid.  I'll take a look and figure out what is going wrong with the build.    

Eric

0 Kudos
Eric_H_Intel
Employee

Cordova 4.1.2 for Windows updates two fields in the appxmanifest file with the package name.   Unfortunately the fields have different specifications.   The one that is causing the error in your build does not allow the period "." character.

I have put a short term fix in place.   Try your build again and it should get past that problem.

Eric

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Great job! Thank you. It works good now. Microsoft accept now my APP. 

0 Kudos
Dustin_S_
Beginner

I got the same issue 

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_1
Beginner

Hi,

I also have this issue with Cordova 4.1.2 for Windows

error APPX1404: File content does not conform to specified schema. The 'Id' attribute is invalid - 
The value '270899gig.GreatRiverRaceTracker' is invalid according to its datatype 
'http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2010/manifest:ST_ApplicationId' - 
The Pattern constraint failed.

Is there a fix on the way?

Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I contacted the build engineer and he implemented another fix that should address the issue. Please try your builds again and report success or failure on this thread.

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_1
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Thanks and yes that seems to have worked, I have first done a build using the files on the server, which completed successfully, and then I did another build with a fresh upload of the code which also completed successfully.

Am now off to test the appxupload file!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There was a problem with the server regarding that issue, it has been fixed.

But it also looks like your App ID is not valid. Are you using "18f21439-6d3a-4cf7-a31c-25dda7998ca4" as your "App ID" field? That looks more like a store publishing ID, or something similar. Your App ID is not provided by Microsoft or the store, you choose that. For example "my.app.id" or "fr.my.domain.my.app.id" or whatever you want, so long as nobody else and no other app is using it.

Sorry, don't speak French.

0 Kudos
Gopal_V_
Beginner
I am trying to create cordova 4.1.2 build for windows phone and It is failing with the following log: The value '67A35FAF.APPRECApp' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2010/manifest:ST_ApplicationId' - The Pattern constraint failed. [...\APPRECApp\platforms\windows\CordovaApp.Windows80.jsproj] Can you please let me know what could be an error in this. Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

The Cordova Windows Phone build has not been released by the XDK team. Are you trying to build a legacy build for Windows Phone or something else?

0 Kudos
Gopal_V_
Beginner

Hi JOHN,

Thanks for your reply. I am using "Cordova Hybrid Mobile App Platform". Please find the screen shot attached.

Regards,

Gopal V

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Normally, that build tile creates a Windows Store app, However, there now is an experimental way to build a Windows Phone 8 app using that tile. Please follow the instructions here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/563699

0 Kudos
sean_v_3
Beginner

Hi there,

I appear to be having the same issue.

File content does not conform to specified schema. The 'Id' attribute is invalid - 
The value '1234MyName.MyTestA1B2' is invalid according to its datatype
 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2010/manifest:ST_ApplicationId' - 
The Pattern constraint failed

I changed my ID above sine it includes my name, but the format is the same including caps and the "." in the middle.

Any chance of a quick fix?  I've got a meeting with a prospect and I'd like to show them a demo tomorrow.  I'd do it with the App Preview, but with some of the recent depreciations I need to use Cordova plugins and that means building the app (AFAIK, maybe I'm wrong on that?).

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I've asked the build engineers to take a look at this problem. It is a problem in our build, not in your app (due to a problem in Cordova) and our build system should have a fix for it. The fix described in the Stack Overflow link I reference will not work with our build system.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The build engineers inform me the issue has been resolved. Your builds should now generate apps that can be submitted to the store.

0 Kudos
Ionut_P_
Beginner

Hello, i have a similar problem, in the build log i get :

\SaveRosiaMontana-TheGame\platforms\windows\build\windows80\release\anycpu\AppxManifest.xml(32,18): error APPX1404: File content does not conform to specified schema. The 'Id' attribute is invalid - The value '17755SyntaxNova.SaveRosiaMontanaTheGame' is invalid according to its datatype 'http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2010/manifest:ST_ApplicationId' - The Pattern constraint failed. [...\SaveRosiaMontana-TheGame\platforms\windows\CordovaApp.Windows80.jsproj]

When i delete the numbers from the front of the id it works, but in Windows Developer Console i get :

Invalid package identity name: SyntaxNova.SaveRosiaMontanaTheGame (expected: 17755SyntaxNova.SaveRosiaMontanaTheGame)

Also http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/2010/manifest:ST_ApplicationId says "The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable" ...

Thanks in advance !

0 Kudos
Ionut_P_
Beginner

any one here ?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Ionut -- can you attach a ZIPped file of a simple example that results in this build error? I am not able to reproduce the problem. Create a sample based on the blank cordova template and set the build settings like your project, then ZIP the entire project directory and attach it to a post on this thread so I can see if I can reproduce the issue. Fill out the build settings like you would for the problem project.

0 Kudos
Ionut_P_
Beginner

It works with a new project ... i'm baffled. I'll review the build details of the other app and post my result.

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

It's very important to use the app ID that is linked to your Window app before building your app on Intel XDK.

0 Kudos