Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Explanation of how node-locked licenses works with new licensing?

AndrewC
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am looking for an explanation of how Parallel Studio XE 2016 compiler licensing now works for renewals of 'existing' node-locked licenses.

For example, I just installed XE 2016 on a windows machine with 3 ethernet adapters.

In the license management for my serial #, it shows 3 adapters host IDs ( of my 3 adapters). And no way to manage them?

Frankly, the new licensing is a real PITA. This is a big backward step.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndrewC
New Contributor III

For testing purposes I installed Parallel Studio 2016 on another machine. This machine now shows up on a separate line  in the license management page as a new 'host'.

But there is no way to delete a 'host'?  How do I delete a machine that is no longer being used for development.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

vasci_ wrote:

For testing purposes I installed Parallel Studio 2016 on another machine. This machine now shows up on a separate line  in the license management page as a new 'host'.

But there is no way to delete a 'host'?  How do I delete a machine that is no longer being used for development.

Hello,

As you correctly noticed, the installer recorded all the MAC addresses on the single system under one host. You can install on up to 3 systems. To remove the host from Registration Center you can submit a request here on the forum or submit an IPS ticket.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/what-to-do-when-you-see-the-message-maximum-number-of-activations-exceeded

Regards,

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

PM sent to remove host

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar issue, do not add it to this thread but start a new one.

0 Kudos