Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Font-size is bigger in build than in Intel App Preview

Andy_D_
Beginner

Hi everyone,

i'm working on a HTML-5 game with Pixi.js The problem is that when i preview my game with the Intel App Preview the font-size is smaller than when i build an Anroid Crosswalk APK. I have also noticed that the font size with the build APK is the same as when i preview my game in Google Chrome.

This is a bit anoying because i primarily use Intel App Preview in my workflow.

Does anyone know if this is a known problem and maybe how to fix it so that the font-size is the same in Intel App Preview as in the build APK? Or maybe is this a Pixi.js problem? 

Thanks!

p.s. i am using IntelXDK 3088

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There are some inconsistencies between the Crosswalk webview and the native Android webviews regarding font sizes. I have an inquiry into the Crosswalk team for clarification, but have not heard anything back. The problem is that App Preview currently uses the native Android webview, not the Crosswalk webview. If you use the Debug tab you will be debugging in a Crosswalk webview. I recommend you use this technique (Debug tab), it is also a better debug environment than App Preview.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There are some inconsistencies between the Crosswalk webview and the native Android webviews regarding font sizes. I have an inquiry into the Crosswalk team for clarification, but have not heard anything back. The problem is that App Preview currently uses the native Android webview, not the Crosswalk webview. If you use the Debug tab you will be debugging in a Crosswalk webview. I recommend you use this technique (Debug tab), it is also a better debug environment than App Preview.

0 Kudos
Andy_D_
Beginner

Paul thanks for clearing this up! Never knew the debug tab used Crosswalk, i'm now using it and it's exactly what i needed!

0 Kudos