Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Getting a Build Failed, but Build log says success

Anthony_R_
Beginner

I'm trying to build a project using RPG Maker MV. When I do so I get a message that the Build Failed. However, checking the build log it states that the Build was successful, however no apk is being built.

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 2 mins 35.443 secs
Built the following apk(s):

I'm using xdk 3641

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dvm582TaRau2ebXb-jw6FvgHwnt3deI6MnwJjPzj3ZA/edit?usp=sharing

0 Kudos
6 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Somebody else was using that tool to create an app and it ended up being due to their project being too big for our build system. If the size of your project folder is over about 400 MB it is likely to cause a problem with our build system.

0 Kudos
Anthony_R_
Beginner

I thought that too and the size of the folder itself is at 181MB. Is there something in the build logs that refer to a file size error? 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Nothing in the build log will give a "too big" indication. I'll ask our build expert to take a closer look.

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Anthony,

Did you receive my private message? I'm trying to root cause your build failure and need additional information from you.

--Jerroyd

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

Thanks for providing the necessary information, Anthony.

I was able to recreate the build failure you're experiencing, The failure occurs copying your assets/www/img/animations/Absorb.png file during the zipalign operation (optimization Android requires). Deleting the file doesn't help; other files in the animations directory cause the same problem. A short term work around is to uncheck the "signed" build option, however, you won't be able to submit the application unless you sign it yourself. 

EDIT: Here's how you can sign your Intel XDK Android app: http://qnimate.com/signing-android-app-in-intel-xdk/

0 Kudos
Anthony_R_
Beginner

Thanks, I will try that.

For tracking purposes for those that are using RPG Maker MV's deployment script, I will check to see if that file and others are not apart of the deployment project submitted. At least that's my first test moving forward. I'm guessing that once you deploy the project and exclude files that are not being used, some files are not coming over and that causes other problems. Not selecting the "Excluding unused files" may bloat my project, but this may be a temporary solution. 

0 Kudos