Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Google maps and geolocation

Ridwaan_L_1
Beginner

I have been trying to build a Geolocation app with custom markers

I have been having a problem where the map cannot scroll more are the markers clickable, the only interactive pieces of the map are the zoom in and out buttons and the map format button (map OR satellite)

Are there any ideas on how to do this as I have been having the same problem with the template code as well, 

the other problem is when the marker of the users location moves it creates multiple markers instead of refreshing the users marker for his location

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Ridwaan,

Just wanted to add to this and ask if this was how you set up your new markers:special_marker.png

Where image is the name of your new marker? I know that this should work from personal experience, as I've created a very similar app with animated and "special" markers based on the area. Let me know if you need further help on this.

P.S. I've also attached the image as a file in order to zoom in and see it further.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Byoungro_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Ridwaan,

Thanks for your note.

I contacted the engineer who can help.

0 Kudos
Giselle_G_Intel
Employee

Ridwaan,

Just wanted to add to this and ask if this was how you set up your new markers:special_marker.png

Where image is the name of your new marker? I know that this should work from personal experience, as I've created a very similar app with animated and "special" markers based on the area. Let me know if you need further help on this.

P.S. I've also attached the image as a file in order to zoom in and see it further.

0 Kudos