Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Got Me Again! iOS provisioning profiles moved!

Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

Since I started using XDK early this year the requirement has been for the ios_provisioning_profiles to be in the root www directory.

Imagine my surprise when I create some new provisioning profiles and copy them into the root www directory, rebuild, send out invites and no one can install.

Imagine the hours I spent tracking all this down.  Getting users to double check their UDID's, deleting those adhoc provisioning profiles, recreating them, downloading them and repeating the process.  Just imagine how completely and totally pissed I was when I went to double-check the profile names against the XDK UI and got that popup about now having to have those profiles located in the package-assets folder.

A) if you move or copy them, you should tell people! In the UI!

B) if you move them, you should rename or delete the old ones!

C) if you neither move them nor warn you shouldn't give a successful build!

D) for gods sake you should tell us SOMETHING!!!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thanks for the feedback. It's caused by a balancing act that is trying to insure that existing projects continue to work (allowing an existing project to continue to work when the file is stored in the www folder) against new projects that insist that the file be located in the package-assets folder. Sorry, we did not get it perfect.

FWIW -- I just spent over a week trying to resolve an issue that, in hindsight, should have been resolved within a day.

0 Kudos
Phil_P___Pete_
New Contributor I

I'm fine with the balancing act, all I'm saying is TELL US!

My suggestion is this:

Create a popup that runs when the new version is installed and is also accessible from the menu (where the forums links etc are). Inside that popup create a list of changes (you already have the change log) and put a check box next to each change description. Inside each change, put a link to the docs that give us all the details.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

With each new update there is a new set of release notes, along with a recommendation to read the release notes following an install. See the 3491 release notes on this page > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/release-notes-information-intel-xdk < and you'll find a reference to this change.

0 Kudos