Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How to Upgrade a 2893 (or older) Project into Latest XDK Release

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Please watch this video for a quick overview of how to update an existing Intel XDK project in the latest XDK release.

There is no audio in this video.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/upgrading-an-existing-intel-xdk-project-to-version-3088

The video is a quick overview of the steps necessary to upgrade an older (2893 or older) Intel XDK project to a new project to be used by the current version of the Intel XDK. Pay close attention to how you convert your existing build certs to the new format used by our new build system.

Assign a password you can remember and easily type, because you need to "unlock" the certs each time you do a build! If you forget your Android cert password, or lose your Android cert, you will not be able to update existing published apps in the Google Play Store!!

When you convert your legacy certs to new certs you can assign any name and any password you like to the new certs (it is not necessary to name them legacy-android and legacy-ios as shown in the video). Those credentials belong to you, so you have control over their names and their passwords. The Intel XDK does not save your password! If you forget the password associated with your certs (especially your Android certs) we CANNOT get it back for you!

It is not necessary to add a plugin, as shown in the video, this was done simply to show the conversion of plugin versions when you change the CLI version. We recommend that you use CLI 5.4.1, but if you are having troubles, try using CLI 5.1.1 as a fallback.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Konstantin_R_
New Contributor I

Thank you for instructions Paul! But I have a question about Key Passphrase and Keystore Passphrase, when converted legacy certificateThis arbitrary passwords or need to get it somewhere? 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Konstantin -- when you convert the legacy certs to new certs you can assign any name and any password you want. Those items now belong to you, so you have more control over them. I suggest you make the password one you can remember and type, because you need to "unlock" the certs each time you do a build.

0 Kudos
Konstantin_R_
New Contributor I

Ok, thank you Paul for answer!

0 Kudos
Vinicius1
Beginner

Hi...
in my "Account settings" don't show "Legacy Android Certificate" to converte.

I think I may have deleted by mistake when I did the update for 3088 launch.

And now I'm trying to update my application on Google Play and is giving certificate error .

Is there a way I can get my old certificate ?
I do not want to publish a new app on Google play . Would lose all statistics

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Vinicius - I will check the database. Please send me a private message with your XDK login email. (Click "Send Author A Message" link on this post.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Vinicius - also please verify that you are looking in the Build Settings, with the Android tab open, in Developer Certificate, as shown in the image?

0 Kudos
Vinicius1
Beginner

Good Morning.
Not appear , I believe that I delete it by mistake.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Vinicius -- we are looking into some issues surrounding the cert management tool. Please check back for an update.

0 Kudos
Vinicius1
Beginner

Hi guys

Thank for attention.. but I could not wait...
I had to make a critical correction of my app,

I have already submitted a new application for publication and told my users to uninstall the old version.
Unfortunately I lost all the historical of my app :(

0 Kudos
Edo_F_
Beginner
0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@Edo, please see my response on the other thread you started. https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/639821

0 Kudos