Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IOS Ipad splash screen not displaying

yeoyong_l_
Beginner

Hi,

Im using latest version of intel xdk which is incorporated with cordova 5.1.1. I built an application by adding all splashscreen for ios in build settings and also i added cordova splashscreen plugin but i'm still getting cordova as my application splash screen. Please let me know the solution or fix for this.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
yeoyong_l_
Beginner

hi,

is no working after cleaning the cache. If i change splash screen to old design of splash screen, it will be working fine but if change to new design it will not display. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@yeoyoung -- are you adding the splash screen using the Projects tab?

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Where are you testing on? Device or emulator? 

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Go through the process of downloading the .ipa and inspecting it to see what configuration Cordova created. 

What's happening is that if you don't specify a resolution, Cordova is filling in its own default image. Therefore, for your app to show a splashscreen reliably, you must provide one for all 11 resolutions.

What might be happening is that you had "Display zoom" set on your iPhone 6. This meant that the screen resolution being used was the "Rendered pixels" size of 640x1136, not the "Physical pixels" size of 750x1334. 

And 

See the hello-cordova sample and the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file. In particular, the

<preference name="AutoHideSplashScreen" value="false" />

line... Don't recall if this needs to be true or false, but I think that's the key so you need to try this out with both the values.

For further reference checkout this article : https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/using-the-cordova-for-android-ios-etc-build-option

Including Custom Splash Screens 

0 Kudos
yeoyong_l_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

@yeoyoung -- are you adding the splash screen using the Projects tab?

hi Paul im adding splash screen using projects tab. but the splash screen is not displaying on the ipad device

0 Kudos
yeoyong_l_
Beginner

Amrita C. (Intel) wrote:

Go through the process of downloading the .ipa and inspecting it to see what configuration Cordova created. 

What's happening is that if you don't specify a resolution, Cordova is filling in its own default image. Therefore, for your app to show a splashscreen reliably, you must provide one for all 11 resolutions.

What might be happening is that you had "Display zoom" set on your iPhone 6. This meant that the screen resolution being used was the "Rendered pixels" size of 640x1136, not the "Physical pixels" size of 750x1334. 

And 

See the hello-cordova sample and the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file. In particular, the

<preference name="AutoHideSplashScreen" value="false" />

line... Don't recall if this needs to be true or false, but I think that's the key so you need to try this out with both the values.

For further reference checkout this article : https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/using-the-cordova-for-android-...

Including Custom Splash Screens 

hi Amrita,

I'm include my splash screen in the project tab, which following the resolution require. 

And i'm not using emulator, but device (ipad).

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Yeoyong -- the splash screen config image you show is for Android devices. You have to click the "iOS" tab to configure the splash screens for your iPad and other Apple devices. See the image below:

project tab.png

0 Kudos
yeoyong_l_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Yeoyong -- the splash screen config image you show is for Android devices. You have to click the "iOS" tab to configure the splash screens for your iPad and other Apple devices. See the image below:

hi

sorry for uploading the wrong screenshot, i have upload a new screenshot

thanks

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Try to close the running XDK and restart it, change the app id , and build it again and check on device.

0 Kudos
yeoyong_l_
Beginner

Amrita C. (Intel) wrote:

Try to close the running XDK and restart it, change the app id , and build it again and check on device.

Hi Amrita, 

i have close and restart the XDK but it still same, only the mobile splash screen is working fine. For table it''s no showing at all.

0 Kudos