Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Init_Failed even though I have uninstalled the laptop's integrated camera

Mona_J_1
Beginner

This is very strange but even though I have uninstalled the laptop's integrated camera, and all the three Intel RealSense 3D drivers are shown in the device manager, I receive the init_failed message. I am not finding a way to fix this and I hope someone from Intel RealSense 3D camera developer team can get back to me with a real viable solution.

Also when I am running my code (which was working previously) I receive an error this line:

also here is what I get when running any of the examples in the RealSense 3D SDK Browser:

Here's what I see in device manager after uninstalling the integrated camera on the laptop:

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

When you say the code was working previously, was that on a different system or ?? What changed?

0 Kudos
Mona_J_1
Beginner

Oh well, nothing changed about the system or code. I just didn't work with the system for a complete of week and now back to work, it didn't work! It has happened quite a good few time. Everytime a new problem that doesn't init. This time I installed DCM v1.2 and uninstalled DCM v1.3 but honestly I am not positive at all that this is going to be a permanent solution. Or is it a solution you also suggest?

Colleen Culbertson (Intel) wrote:

When you say the code was working previously, was that on a different system or ?? What changed?

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

I assume you've rebooted? Have you tried finding the Intel DCM service and stopping and starting it?

0 Kudos
Mona_J_1
Beginner

Yes, the computer was restarted in between I guess. But when I opened the SDK browser to run one of the examples it didn't init and said "init_failed" , however we had similar problem while working with the camera and when there was no restart at all. This is of concern to us because we are planning to use this camera in a timing critical application (real-time app) and we don't want to have similar issues when running the app. Do you think the camera can be reliable enough for real-time apps?

No, I didn't stop and start DCM service. I saw in another post that one of the proposed solution was installing DCM v1.2 instead which is working temporarily for me now.

I assume you've rebooted? Have you tried finding the Intel DCM service and stopping and starting it?

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

So please be aware that the separate cameras are meant for early development purposes only. The real product is integrated into select PCs.  The external cameras have some issues especially when unplugging/replugging into USB3 ports that we haven't seen with integrated cameras.  
So are you saying you have 1.2 working and running ok?  

0 Kudos
Mona_J_1
Beginner

It's been working ok with the past hour with DCM v1.2. I will report if I  saw an issue again.

So please be aware that the separate cameras are meant for early development purposes only. The real product is integrated into select PCs.  The external cameras have some issues especially when unplugging/replugging into USB3 ports that we haven't seen with integrated cameras.  
So are you saying you have 1.2 working and running ok?  

0 Kudos
Arthur_T_1
Beginner

I had a similar problem recently (also after not working on it for some days). I restarted the DCM Service from the "Services" list of the Task Manager - even if it was displayed as running - and it worked again. Have you tried this already?

0 Kudos