Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Installation in a shared directory

Steve_T_3
Beginner
I have the Intel®Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux* (for student-use only). I have successfully installed the studio in a network-shared directory that is mounted at /scratch/opt/intel. During installation, a license file has created in a local directory at (/opt/intel/licenses). When I try to use any of the studio tools (icc, icpc, mpirun, etc.) on my compute nodes which also can access the shared directory, I encounter the licensing error: ======= Is your license file in the right location and readable? Error: A license for Comp-CL could not be obtained (-1,359,2). The location of your license file should be specified via the $INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable....... .... .... .... Please refer http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ for more information.. XXXXXX: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license ======= How should I handle the licensing when installing the studio in a network-shared directory? All my nodes can access this shared directory. Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jennifer_D_Intel

Hello,

Are you able to set the INTEL_LICENSE_FILE environment variable to include /scratch/opt/intel/Licenses, or another path that all nodes can reach?  It can also check {HOME}/intel/licenses but then if your license changes you'll need to update each node's license.

Regards,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Steve_T_3
Beginner

Thank you for your reply, and I am sorry for my slow response.

For some reason, the license file is installed in a local folder that is not accessible by other nodes, even though the compiled codes are chosen to be installed on a network drive. Is there a way to specify where the license file is put when we install the studio? 

0 Kudos
Steve_T_3
Beginner

Any update? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jennifer_D_Intel

Apologies for the late response.  If you enter a license number without a license file, you cannot choose the location of the license file generated.  If you have a license file already downloaded from the Intel Registration Center with the proper host ID, you can specify this location during the install (with Choose an alternate activation).  If you've already installed, then you can just copy the license to a different location and specify it in INTEL_LICENSE_FILE.

0 Kudos