Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Intel C++ and Fortran Compiler version 10.1.026 (Non-commercial) install, license error

Daniel_B_11
Beginner

Dear Intel,

I want to download and install the following for my personal use under the non-commercial license:

Intel C/C++ compiler 10.1.026
Intel Fortran compiler 10.1.026
Intel MKL libraries 10.1.3.027

I register for the non-commercial product but here I only have a choice to choose the latest Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 software. I do this and then log-in to the registration center to get a view of the products and the licenses I have.
Here I notice in the list of products that it shows the individual software included in the Parallel Studio 2016, where I find the parts

Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for C++ Linux*
Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Linux*
Intel® Math Kernel Library for Linux*

On selecting these individual links I then get to a page that allows me to choose the above mentioned version of the C++/Fortran/MKL for download.

I download these three products that I need and proceed for installation, where I get the error that the non-commercial product key that I received while registering for the Parallel Studio is not valid for these products. (I install then not the Parallel Studio 2016 but the three products I downloaded individually)

It is important for me to install these versions and these three products urgently. How shall I proceed with this?

I thank you in advance for your help and co-operation,
Kind regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Please refer to the following article for information on installing older versions with 2016 license:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/installing-an-older-version-of-intel-parallel-studio-or-intel-system-studio-with-2016-named-user-license

Let me know if the above helps.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Daniel_B_11
Beginner

Dear Devorah,
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. However it still doesnot work. I will describe the steps that I have taken below,

I manually created a license file as per the instructions in the link above - I logged into the registration center and selected the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 product. Here for the active license I chose "Manage" and entered the ethernet adapater address for the laptop device I want to install the product on (I stored this license file, in between I renamed it and named it back to as it was).
I then went back to the list of products, here within the Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 were several sub-products: I selected the Intel Parallel Composer for C++, in the next page that opens up I selected the version 10.1.026 to download for Intel64. I saved the l_cc_p_10.1.026.tar.gz file.

Later during installation (OpenSUSE Linux - 64 bit machine), I selected the option to specify the path for the license file. I typed in the path but it still throws an error: Invalid License file.

How should I proceed now? Please note that I want to do the same for Fortran and MKL products too.

Many thanks,
Ashutosh Gandhi

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Please send me a private message (use Send Author a Message link) with a SN of the license you are using to activate.

Please note: Older versions of MKL libraries are only available with commercial licenses.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Daniel_B_11
Beginner

Thanks, I sent you a message.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been addressed. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos