Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition 2016 Installation problem

Venkat_Praveen_G_

Hello there!

I have previously installed a copy of Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Cluster Edition for Windows 10 64 bit, and worked fine with Integration to Visual Studio 2013. But I had to re-install Windows. Lately, I am having a problem installing the same, and have tried various approaches to combat this. It seems to be the installation of Visual C++ libraries. Below is a snippet of the error message:

Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 3 Cluster Edition for Windows* Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s).
  Windows Installer failed to configure product:
    Error message: An error occured during the installation of assembly component 844EFBA7-1C24-93B2-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E. HRESULT: 0x80073715.  
    Error code: 1603
    File name: msvcrt_x64.msi

Installer logs location: C:\Users\GVPRAV~1\AppData\Local\Temp\pset_tmp_PSXE2016_Praveen\2016.07.14_17.53.35_00001ffc\log\

I had used Parallel Studio XE previously, and had installed without any issues. Your help in this matter would be most grateful. 

Thanking You,

Praveen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello Praveen,

This is a known Microsoft issue: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2643995.  Please contact the MS Customer Support services and get the hotfix to get this issue resolved accordingly.

Please let me know if the above helps.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been addressed. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos