Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Intel RealSense SR300 user facing camera now available.

Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Visit http://click.intel.com/realsense.html.  There are some country limitations.
SR300 is supported by the current Windows SDK (not all modules are yet at Gold level) and is supported on Windows 10.
New features include a longer range and Cursor Mode - a much faster, more responsive hand tracking mode. 
For best practices in developing for both the F200 and SR300 camera models, see https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/developer-guide-to-intel-realsense-camera-detection-methods

Note: Availability of the SR300 is limited. Click.intel.com will have intermittent outages of the product.  You may wish to check other vendors for the SR300 equivalent including the Razor Star Blaster and the Creative BlasterX Senz3D cameras. (Be very careful with model names).

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Oleksiy_R_
Beginner

Hey!

In product specification:

Recommended CPU Intel 6th generation processor or above

6th generation is *recommended*, so will it work on 5th generation intel?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The RealSense specification tends to recommend the latest processors.  For example, the F200 and R200 cameras will work with 4th Generation CPUs even if 6th Generation is recommended.

Given that the SR300 is a next-generation camera, I couldn't say with the same certainty that it would work with a 4th Generation.  You ought to be safer if you have a 5th Generation though if the camera doesn't have any special requirements that make it dependent on 6th-gen Skylake chip architecture, as a Broadwell chip should be better equipped to cope with any higher demands placed on it by the SR300. 

Edit: it occurs to me that anyone with an SR300 who sees this message and is running it on a 4th Gen or 5th Gen processor could post their experiences here!

0 Kudos
hape
Beginner

Oleksiy R. wrote:

Hey!

In product specification:

Recommended CPU
Intel 6th generation processor or above

6th generation is *recommended*, so will it work on 5th generation intel?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Oleksiy,

my system has an Intel i5 4950 processor along with 4GB of RAM running Windows 10 64Bit. All Realsense cameras F200, R200 as well as the SR300 run without problems. But apart from the FaceTracking algorithms, I did not yet test the other algorithms like Hand Tracking with the SR300.

0 Kudos
Oleksiy_R_
Beginner

Thank you all for replying.
Thanks Hape, I have i5 5 generation, so I believe SR300 will work for me.

0 Kudos
Shalahuddin_A_
Beginner

Hello,
I wanna ask. My laptop is Asus ROG is not have 3D camera system. And i just wanna buy intel realsense 3D camera SR300 for my laptop. The camera is can using on my laptop or not?

Thanks.

0 Kudos