Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Intel XDK Login (Authentication) Process Changing

PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We are unifying your Intel XDK login with intel.com for a simpler and more secure login. This unification process means that we are automatically creating an account that you can use to login to this Intel XDK forum and the Intel Developer Zone using the same username and password that you now use to login to the Intel XDK. Other than this login unification no other Intel XDK functionality or settings are affected. If you experience any issues with this process, please leave a detailed post on this thread or send an email to html5tools@intel.com.

0 Kudos
96 Replies
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Great news!

0 Kudos
George_S_1
Beginner

Very good and meaningful move.

0 Kudos
gloCalHelp_com_G_

It is strange that after registering in XDK and using for 1 or 2 hours, the XDK cann't login and let me use build.

and I cann't login to Intel.com website at the same time, after I reset my password, I can login to intel.com,

but how to change the XDK's user info to login XDK and can use the Build function?

I would very appreciate your quickly help as soon as possible.

Best regards,

George Lin

0 Kudos
K_shin
Beginner

I can't log in to App Preview on my Android or my iOS devices anymore.

I know I'm using my correct credentials as I have reset my password in the XDK to ensure I'm using the correct one.

My username is appmobi@valis.ca

Cheers,
K'shin

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@George, are you able to login into XDK after you reset your password? If you are logged into the XDK you should be able to use the build without any problem. Also, you should be able to login into intel.com with the same userID and password. Let me know if you are still having trouble with build. If so, please send the screenshot of the error.

@K'shin, are you able to login into the XDK and intel.com with the same credentials? For App Preview, please logout of the current session in App Preview, close the app and restart and log back in with your new credentials. Let us know if you are still facing problem.

Swati

0 Kudos
K_shin
Beginner

Hi SWATI,

Yes, I can log in to the XDK and to this forum, and to the builds that are securely emailed to me. I've removed and re-downloaded the app preview on both of my devices (iOS and Android). The problem remains.  Perhaps it's because my name has an apostrophe in it?  That has caused issues in the past. Maybe the db lookup is getting stuck when processing my name?

Thanks for looking into this!

K'shin

0 Kudos
K_shin
Beginner

I've been able to use App Preview on Android in the past without issue, btw.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hello George,

Most likely Your XDK account is not unified to intel.com yet, as you probably have existing intel.com account with the same username as XDK account. These special case unification will take place sometime next week at which point you will be able to use the same username/password for logging into both XDK and intel.com.

For now, please continue to use your XDK account username/password that you used when you registered for XDK. If you have forgotten your password please reset it from XDK login page using "Forgot your password?" link.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks,

Swati

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hello K'shin,

What's your username for XDK? Which version of App Preview are you using? I assume you are using the latest one from the App Store. Have you been able to use App Preview using same credentials before?

Thanks,

Swati

0 Kudos
K_shin
Beginner

Hi Swati,

My username is appmobi@valis.ca

The latest, both have been deleted and re-downloaded just before posting here.

Yes I have on Android.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Hi K'shin,

Please do the following:

1) Log out of XDK by clicking on the user icon (on top right) and then click on the eject (O->)button.

2) You'll get the login screen. Put your username there, do not put password and then click on "forgot my password" link.

3) take a screen shot after step 2 and send it to me.

This will help us know whether your account has been unified or not and narrow down the problem.

Thanks,

Swati

0 Kudos
K_shin
Beginner

sentEmail.jpg

0 Kudos
K_shin
Beginner

I tried to get the Signed App Preview to work with the latest XDK build 1878. Still not working.

Tried to sign into App Preview on my Android device using the same password I logged back into the XDK with. It doesn't throw an error, it just makes the password field blank. Looks like it should work, but doesn't.

Cheers,

K'shin

0 Kudos
David_D_
Beginner

I also can't log in to XDK, even after password reset, I have an intel.com account and an XDK account - different usernames but same email. Reset password seemingly only resets the intel.com password and doesn't recognise my XDK username (email).
Thanks

0 Kudos
İhsan_T_
Beginner

Can not log in
I am at an infinite loop of entering my e-mail and password after the XDK update :D
I've reset my password twice. Uninstalled, reinstalled, wiped the cache... No use.

Anchored at deception bay. 

0 Kudos
Rich_S_
Beginner

I have been unable to use the Preview App on windows phone / ios / android since the "unification" process was done on my user ids.  I have deleted my app (via app center) from the web and re-pushed (via XDK).  I've uninstalled preview app and reinstalled.  The credentials are working (I can bring up the XDK, post to forums, use app center).

I did get the "unification" successful (which is when my problems started).

Thankfully the emulator is working much better in this new release (or I'd be dead in the water), but I really need the preview app.

Ideas?

PS - Forgot to mention, I can login into the preview app with my updated credentials, but it is not able to load the apps from the test server  (apps pushed from the XDK).

0 Kudos
İhsan_T_1
Beginner

I can not login to XDK for reasons unknown.  Does anybody from intel read this? 

0 Kudos
Apps_V_
Beginner

XDK launches fine but i have the problem that another account seems te be connected to my account.

1. I login with my account: a**s@v**gd.com
2. Works fine
3. In the build steps / XDK i see the emailaddress: cont**o@***ilo***tarrari.com

An account we're in no way associated with. Mailed the exact details yesterday to html5tools@intel.com

-- Update 01-04-2015 13:26 --

This bug also makes it impossible to do an Android upload to the Google Play Store since the certificate used to sign the application appears to be different. Would be nice if this issue is addressed quickly because it's holding back our releases right now (see attachment!)

0 Kudos
Mustafa_B_1
Beginner

I cannot login xdk app. but website login is ok. Please help me

0 Kudos
K_shin
Beginner

Swati,

Additional info: my username on the old forum was "K'shin" without the quotes, but my username for the xdk has always been appmobi@valis.ca.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos