Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

IntelPackage failed to load after Composer XE 2015 Update 7 installation

AndrewC
New Contributor III

After updating to Update 7, VS 2013 complains on launch that IntelPackage failed to load. 384 Error VisualStudio End package load [IntelPackage] {8E5A44DA-6B19-4803-8018-716C51016B52}

80004005 - E_FAIL Could not load file or assembly 'IntelPkg, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=edf82db605c24ff6' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndrewC
New Contributor III
The solution was to completely uninstall Composer XE 2015, and re-install Update 7. Moral of the story. Do not trust the installer to be able to "Update" an existing installation.
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Dear Customer,

I'm sorry that we didn't answer earlier. But nice you found a solution and thanks of posting that here in the forum. An uninstall of a product prior to the installation of an update would always be a good idea as with using a product some settings/configurations may have changed and moved away from default configurations so that the installer of an update release cannot successfully uninstall a previous installation.

Sometimes also an uninstall may not work due to the same reasons. A good idea in such cases is to repair the installen first, then uninstall and then install the update.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
AndrewC
New Contributor III

Actually it was a bit more complicated. I have both Composer XE 2015 and Composer XE 2016 installed. I had to uninstall and re-install both  for everything to finally be sorted out to make Visual Studio happy. That was a couple of hours out of my life... the installers are painfully slow.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Thank you for your feedback.

Again, I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

With using the Intel(R) Premier Support you will also be able to submit more detailed error reports.

Whenever you are facing install problems you cannot resolve quickly, you can submit installation logs in an Intel Premier Support case.

Logs can be found under:
%TEMP%\pset_tmp_PSXE2016_<UID>
where every install process creates a directory with date and time stamp.

You can zip the directory from a failing installation and submit a support ticket under https://premier.intel.com. As registered user you are eligible to get Intel Premier Support.

Regrds, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos