Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Is a "code navigator" available?

Marek_Š_
Beginner

Hello, it's quite difficult to navigate in a big files. Is there a "code navigator" plugin or functionality available, which helps with the task? It should display e.g. available methods and/or global vars defined in the file and it "jumps" to the definition of the method once a user clicks it. I am attaching screenshot from another IDE showing the code navigator panel.code_navigator.jpg

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi, the develop tab of XDK provides a built-in Brackets code editor and GUI design tool for user. The Bracket is a lightweight text editor that I am afraid there might no "code navigator". Or maybe you could search around if there remains any Brackets extensions for displaying in-file functions and objects supported by third-party.

0 Kudos
Marek_Š_
Beginner

Hi Fiona,

thanks a lot for the info. There is a plugin for Bracket, which does exactly what I am asking for, but unfortunately it doesn't work under XDK Bracket implementation (I tested it couple of month ago. So, that's why I am asking ...

Marek

0 Kudos
Zhen_Z_Intel
Employee

Did you find this extension in XDK extension manager? If not, please take a try to extract this extension file into C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\brackets\b\extensions\dev, and restart XDK. Hope it helps you.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Do you have a pointer to that Brackets Extension? We might be able to add it in a future release of the XDK.

0 Kudos
Marek_Š_
Beginner

I tried to search for it again. I wasn't able to find exactly the same one, but this one looks to do the same

https://github.com/Hirse/brackets-outline-list

I am attaching screenshot from project's github page as well:

outline.png

0 Kudos
Marek_Š_
Beginner

Just a quick update - when I put this one into 

c:\Users\xxxxxxx\AppData\Local\XDK\editor\extensions\user\

It looks it works even with XDK!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thanks! I'll request that it be added to a future release.

0 Kudos