Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Is it possible to use multiple SDK cameras simultaneously on one system?

Pooja_R_
Beginner

Hallo

I am developing an application in Unity ´3D and using an Intel real sense f200 camera for voice and gesture recognition.

However I have now ordered an SR300 camera as well as it Claims to have better accuracy .

I was wondering that inorder to sense from multiple positions ,for increased coverage ,

Can I use -

1) 2 Intel SR 300 cameras simultaneously in the same project

2)One Intel f200 and one Intel sr300 in the same Project simultaneously

And How would the camera selection work if this is aldready possible?

Please help me on how to go about this.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AndreCarlucci
Beginner

Unfortunately not, for that you have to use the opensource version called Librealsense

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense

0 Kudos
mugabi__samuel
Beginner

I think its possible to some extent for example where you are using:-

2)One Intel f200 and one Intel sr300 in the same Project simultaneously......................

While installing the SDK select the option that specifies that you are deveoping for all cameras...

regards;

0 Kudos
Pooja_R_
Beginner

Thank you for your answers.

I did read about the libRealSense.

Do you also know if it is supported well by Windows as most of the guides and tutorials use Ubuntu.?

The DevKit for SDK if I am not wrong is common for all cameras so I dont think it works with both f200 and sr300 at the same time.But I will try it once again,

Any experience or comments would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Cheers

0 Kudos
JesusG_Intel

Hello Pooja, you must use Librealsense for simultaneous camera streaming. It will work on Windows. https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense

I hope this answers your question. If you would like further assistance, please post your question in the RealSense Community. This forum in the Intel Developer Zone will soon be archived and all support will be handled in RealSense Community.

Regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos