Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Is open-source software considered "Your product" in EULA?

Ferris_H_
Beginner

The EULA says you are only allowed to use Intel compiler on "Your Product". If I make minor changes to an open-source software, can I distribute my executable for commercial purposes ? Of course, this is assuming I have a commercial license for Intel compiler.

In other words , does compiling open source software make it "My Product"?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Igor_V_Intel
Employee

Dear customer,

We are not able to give you any legal advises. The general suggestion for this kind of questions is to have a consultation with lawyer.

Note that the open source software also has a license (e.g. GNU GPLv3, MIT License etc.) and it may have various restrictions. For example, The GNU GPL family of licenses is the most widely used free software license and has a strong copyleft requirement. When distributing derived works, the source code of the work must be made available under the same license.

Regards,

Igor

0 Kudos
Ferris_H_
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. The open-source software I will be compiling and distributing is GNU GPL. I was not sure if Intel EULA had issues with it, since it says you can only use compiler for "Your Product". It sounds like I should be ok as long as I satisfy requirements of the open-source licensing.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been addressed. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos