Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Issue with certificates

Jerome_P_
Beginner

Hi there,

I have several apps made with an older computer, and an older Intel XDK. I have a new computer with the latest Intel XDK which has a difference certificate process. I just tried updating an app (importing to XDK then building) and Google is telling me the certificates do not match.

What are my options?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pamela_H_Intel

Jerome,

You won't get the option to upgrade again. You've already done it.

In XDK, 

• select the app you want to submit (if you don't already have it open), 
  • go to PROJECTS
  • open Build Settings (with the "+")
  • select the Android tab
  • go down to the Developer Certificate text box
  • click on the drop down arrow
  • select the upgraded cert (you actually should not see the legacy cert anymore)
  • then build

Pamela

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Pamela_H_Intel

Jerome,

You have 2 certs in your account. You probably submitted your app originally with the Legacy cert? I see that you converted your Legacy cert. So now submit to the Play Store with the converted (upgraded) cert - that matches the Legacy cert as far as Google is concerned.

If you originally submitted with a different cert that you created outside of XDK, you will need to import that cert into XDK (assuming you want to use XDK to build and sign).

Pamela

0 Kudos
Jerome_P_
Beginner

Pamela H. (Intel) wrote:

Jerome,

You have 2 certs in your account. You probably submitted your app originally with the Legacy cert? I see that you converted your Legacy cert. So now submit to the Play Store with the converted (upgraded) cert - that matches the Legacy cert as far as Google is concerned.

If you originally submitted with a different cert that you created outside of XDK, you will need to import that cert into XDK (assuming you want to use XDK to build and sign).

Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for the fast reply. This is correct, I used the legacy cert during the original submission. I am not sure how to submit with the upgraded cert. Intel XDK keeps applying a general cert for all my apps (which was an upgraded cert). The certification was all down within Intel XDK.

0 Kudos
Jerome_P_
Beginner

So I tried re-adding my project, I don't get the option to upgrade the cert or use the legacy one at all.

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Jerome,

In XDK, 

• go to PROJECTS
  • select the Android tab
  • select the upgraded cert (you actually should not see the legacy cert anymore)
  • then build

Pamela

0 Kudos
Jerome_P_
Beginner

Pamela H. (Intel) wrote:

Jerome,

In XDK, 

• go to PROJECTS
  • select the Android tab
  • then build

Pamela

That worked, somehow when I did my test builds, I used the same cert twice. In my mind, I thought I tried both of them on my account. Nope, I was wrong.

Thank you very much, issue is solved :)

0 Kudos