Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

[JavaScript] Face Expressions Recognition

DMaio
Beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to get the face expressions/pose recognition using JavaScript. I've tried the sample (the one in the SDK), but it looks like it is not able to recognize the expressions (smile, surprise, etc) neither the poses. Anyone had any hint about it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Andradige_S_Intel

Please try with the C++ sample from the sample explorer, just to check if your camera and the set-up is working correctly.

0 Kudos
Alexander_A_1
Beginner

I have the same problem, the C++ sample works reporting facial expressions and face alerts but not in the javascript sample? Is this a known bug as this is a blocker for me in the realsense challenge.

0 Kudos
DMaio
Beginner

Hi,

yes the camera is working (the C++ examples works as expected).
I don't know if it's a known bug or not, but it's really annoying and it's a blocking for me too.
I've made a really dirty workarounds to get it work (For example: for the head tracking (left/right/up/down) I'm tracking the nose point).

0 Kudos
jefferson_p_
Beginner

Maybe the web server, responsible for create web socket, don't implement the face recognize. In documentation the framework in JavaScript is "Experimental".

Can you try to implement a simple web server and send these values with web socket? A

0 Kudos
DMaio
Beginner

Sorry, I didn't understand, what's the point or benefit to create a web server to send values with web socket? 

I've seen that the support for JavaScript is "alpha/experimental", so this may not be considered as a bug, but just as a missing (or not yet implemented) feature. In the sample from the SDK if you enable the 'expressions' check, you'll see no information. The only useful data I see is when "pose" check is enabled (there are "PoseAngles" that could be helpful/interesting).

Regards,
Daniele.

0 Kudos
Arthur_T_1
Beginner

Hi

Did you have any success with the Expression Recognition in JavaScript?

0 Kudos
DMaio
Beginner

Hi,

Arthur T. wrote:

Hi

Did you have any success with the Expression Recognition in JavaScript?

no, no news till today :/

Moreover it looks like the JavaScript support has been (temporarily) removed from the SDK:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/RealSenseAndJavaScriptShift

Regards,
Daniele.

0 Kudos