Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Keystore

Samuel_G_1
Beginner

I am building my app with a different toolkit.

I requested my keystore...and did get it downloaded with the passwords. However, when I build my app, and use Jarsigner to sign it, then try to upload it to GooglePlay, I get an error about the new and old certificates not matching.

Why?

--Sam

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Samuel_G_1
Beginner

Attached is the output from Jarsigner on both APKs. I built the new one, and signed it with the keystore Intel sent me.... If you look, the CN is different and the dates are different...

So, what's the issue?

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Did you sign the upgrade with a different key than the key you used for the original version of your app?

0 Kudos
Samuel_G_2
Beginner

I signed the updated with the Key that INTEL sent me...the same key that was used by INTEL for the original version of my app.

0 Kudos
Samuel_G_1
Beginner

Anyone at INTEL have any thoughts on this???

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

My thought is that you got sent the wrong cert. The first one looks like a cert that could have been generated by the XDK. Did you use an "organization name" of BTST with your old account? If so, that first one is from your old account. The second one has a weird CN name in it, there is a "N/A" which I interpret as "not available" followed by what appears to be either an "SCC" or "SGG" -- it's hard to see, the screen shot you posted is very lo-res.

Do you still have access to your XDK account? If so, when you build an app with that account, what does the CN name look like?

0 Kudos
Samuel_G_1
Beginner

Paul, et al.

The APP ID for this application is : com.nascg.nascg.btstupload

The NASCG(s) are left over from when I originally registered waaaaaay back when this was an AppMobi project. Back then, for some reason the registration setup got things confused...and I never had any desire to change it...it works.

So, the second jarsigner output is the 'REAL' signature information (signed when building with the XDK). The first one is what I get when I sign the app with the signature info Intel provided to me.

If you think I somehow got the wrong certs, then please resend.

--Sam

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Sam ~

I am sending you and email.

0 Kudos
Samuel_G_1
Beginner

John,

I just got finished trying a new keystore, which worked for uploading to GooglePlay.

Thanks,

Sam

0 Kudos