Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

MLK with support for OS X 10.10.5

Abhilash_M_
Beginner

I am using an older version of OS X (i.e. 10.10.5, Yosemite) and was wondering if there was a way to download a compatible version of MKL? It appears there were previous versions that did support it, but the new download I am prompted to does not allow me to choose which version of MKL I can download. I am a student learning MKL for my class and as far as I'm aware previous versions of MKL are only available with a paid license which I currently do not have. I noticed in a previous post the Parallel Studio XE will allow pervious OS versions to be used but 1) I would only have 30-day access as a student, 2) the free trial link it sends me to (https://registrationcenter.intel.com/en/forms/?productid=2277) is Fortran although I specify "OS X C++" and 3) this is a simple code with Open MPI I am running through the command line and this all seems like a bit of an overkill for this purpose. Thus I was wondering if there was a simple way to use MKL and learn more about it for my class for free on an older OS X. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexandra_S_Intel

Hi Abhilash,

What you have is a Free Community License, which does not have access to older versions of the libraries. However, you are a student, so you may qualify for a Free Student License, as you have noted, which does have access to older versions. Contrary to what you may have heard, a student license does not expire after only 30 days.

According to the Student FAQ:

How long can I use the software?
For a 12 month period. After that, all you have to do is reapply again for access to the latest release and another full year of use.

That link you have posted does indeed lead to the Fortran version. It sounds like we may have a broken link somewhere. Mind telling me exactly what link you clicked that led you there?

At any rate, this page has a link for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition, C/C++ OS X that should take you here. I believe that is the appropriate page; correct me if I'm wrong.

As you can see in the chart at the bottom of the page here, Composer Edition is not actually that much overkill. Just the compiler, our python distribution, and some libraries - including MKL.

Does this information help?

- Alex

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

As I never received a response, I will assume this issue has been resolved, and close the thread. If you have a similar question, please create a new thread to ensure we get to you in a timely fashion.

0 Kudos