Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Manufacturing Flash Tool 6.0.43 flashing problem

Vitali_T_
Beginner

Hi.

I`ve tryed to use new version of Manufacturing Flash Tool on my Lenovo K900. But due flashing i`ve got error with such log listing:

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Vitali_T_
Beginner

And flashing stopped with an error. Later i reflashed my device with earler version of MFT, but ALL data was LOST. I mean ALL INTERNAL MEMORY WAS ERASED. And internal sdcard is become only 9.7 Gb capacty (was 11.4).

I reflashed my phone a several times with another versions of MFT and PFT, but internal storage card is still 9,7 Gb. WHERE IS MY 2 GB ROM IS DISSAPPEARED?!

0 Kudos
Vitali_T_
Beginner

I know at least two persons, who get the same problem after using Manufacturing Flash Tool 6.0.43 on Lenovo K900.  And all these people had lost part of the phone's memory.

0 Kudos
Vitali_T_
Beginner

Two more users lost a part of internal memory on Lenovo K900 http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=475854&view=findpost&p=36958052

How to fix this problem?! We have damaged our devices with your program!

0 Kudos
T_K_
Beginner

Seems this app has a problem with your system.img size, why do you even use this tool? this tool is just garage gui for fastboot, use fastboot commands via hand, or via script.

most likely you need to run resize after you have partitioned your internal memory to gain correct size.

I use Dell venue 8, I don't bother with this useless tool, I just use fastboot directly, to change size of partitions, edit partition.tbl to desired size, My dell system was set at 1024, which is too small when I use my cwm recovery to backup and restore system will fault out as system is too big to go back on 1GB partition, so choice is remove some junk from system or increase system partition size.

I have tried both, and both work, but I decided I want 1.5GB system partition, and increase cache to 1GB from 768MB, to do this I first get size of current partitions.

adb shell

fdisk /dev/block/mmcblk0

p

Once you partition and flash everything, boot to cwm recovery and resize partitions, use resize on cache, data, system, you need to umount cache first, cache may not need but try anyway, before reboot remount cache.

I got resize ideal from social-design-concepts

the size doesn't change until you run resize.

This is how I did mine, I use Linux so adjust to windows as needed.

adb reboot bootloader

run partition script

#!/bin/bash

fastboot oem start_partitioning
fastboot flash /tmp/partition.tbl partition.tbl
fastboot oem partition /tmp/partition.tbl

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase cache
fastboot erase config
fastboot erase data
fastboot erase logs
fastboot erase factory

fastboot oem stop_partitioning

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash fastboot fastboot.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash system system.img.gz

then run my recovery script

#!/bin/bash
./fastboot flash /tmp/recovery.tar ./recovery.tar
./fastboot flash /tmp/recovery.envsetup ./recovery.envsetup
./fastboot flash /tmp/recovery.fstab ./recovery.fstab
./fastboot flash /tmp/postrecoveryboot.sh ./postrecoveryboot.sh
./fastboot flash /sbin/partlink recovery.launcher
./fastboot oem stop_partitioning

now run resize .

adb shell

umount /cache

e2fsck -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p6
resize2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p6

e2fsck -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p8
resize2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p8

e2fsck -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p9
resize2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p9

mount -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p6 /cache

reboot

0 Kudos
Vitali_T_
Beginner

Thanks for responce, where i can find original instruction from social-design-concepts?

But anyway i want to hear official answer from utility developers - Intel.

0 Kudos
william_k_1
Beginner
T.K. while phone flash tool and manufacturing flash tool do include a wrapper for fastboot commands they are not fastboot and are extremely useful tools because they also provide a wrapper for xfstk-downloader, especially useful when you need to flash a full device from a bricked state fw_dnx , ifwi , os_dnx , pre-os , partitioning , and os is flash all being able to be handled through an simple XML file. And while I know you love Linux and scripting if your osip or mmcblk0boot0 / mmcblk0boot1or a number of other possible emmc corruption you need these tools for this I suggest you look into these tools a little more they do make a version of the xsftk for Linux and is an important tool in any Intel devolpers tool box.
0 Kudos
T_K_
Beginner

william k

While some of what you say maybe true, I can't help but smile, you do know the only reason this thread exists is cause the tool failed? Had the tool preformed 100% correctly this thread wouldn't exist, if OP had just used fastboot like I posted above this thread again wouldn't exist.

So while you may think this tool is great, I don't to each our own, I am also waiting and for a response that I know will never happen, from intel, on this tool, would love to see them tell the OP to do almost exactly what I posted above.

0 Kudos
Sergey_M_
Beginner

I tried to flash my device(Chuwi VI8 dual OS) and made mistake - erased droidboot.

Can somebody help me, how can i flash droidboot.img from original Android firmware.

I tried flash him with adb fastboot:

Maybe some script for Manufacturing Flash Tool?

UPDATED: i was fix everything. Do not answer.

не идет_droidboot.PNG

0 Kudos
gunawan_n_
Beginner
Sergey M. wrote:

I tried to flash my device(Chuwi VI8 dual OS) and made mistake - erased droidboot.

Can somebody help me, how can i flash droidboot.img from original Android firmware.

I tried flash him with adb fastboot:

Maybe some script for Manufacturing Flash Tool?

UPDATED: i was fix everything. Do not answer.

не идет_droidboot.PNG

hi, Sergey. I've problem just like you, my chuwi vi8 wont boot when swicth to android, but it ok when using windows. its always Message : Entering DNX Mode : Waiting Fasboot command. Please help, tell me how you can fix the problem. Thank you.
0 Kudos