Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Missing toolbar controls icons for Simulation

Marek_Š_
Beginner

Hello,

I just upgraded to version 3491. Unfortunately control icons are missing on Simulation tab ( the buttons are active - it's just about icons ) - see the screenshot.

Marek

0 Kudos
10 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Not sure what would cause this.

• Are you logged into your account?
  • Does it happen for all projects, or only for specific projects?
0 Kudos
Marek_Š_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Not sure what would cause this.

• Are you logged into your account?
  • Does it happen for all projects, or only for specific projects?

Yes, I am logged in. BTW, the icons are OK for Debug tab, it's just about Simulate tab.

I tried 4 of them - old ones and new ones ( created using previous version ) and it's same.

Marek

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Marek -- did you try downloading 3491 manually and re-install it? The only thing I can think of is that something about your installation is corrupt. Those resources are local to the install and should be displayed.

0 Kudos
Marek_Š_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Marek -- did you try downloading 3491 manually and re-install it? The only thing I can think of is that something about your installation is corrupt. Those resources are local to the install and should be displayed.

Thanks Paul for the advice - I just tried ( I did "repair" - not "uninstall - install" as I don't want to loose my settings) and it's still the same. Don't waste your time, I can live with it as tooltip helps me to find the correct position and probably next version will replace it in correct way.

Marek

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You can do a complete reinstall without losing any settings. All the product settings are stored in the "global-settings.xdk" file in the install directory, which is preserved when you reinstall. We don't use the Windows registry. These instructions (https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#uninstall-xdk) will help you find that file and also delete the entire install, after which you can do a fresh install (and then copy back your global-settings.xdk file).

0 Kudos
Marek_Š_
Beginner

Paul,

full reinstallation helped. Thanks.

Marek

0 Kudos
Marek_Š_
Beginner

Unfortunately, debugging stopped working after reinstallation - it asks for debug module installation all the time. See the attached screenshots for better understanding.

When I try to install downloaded APK manually to my device, I get an error - App not installed. An existing package by the same name with conflicting signature is already installed.

When I uninstall manually the package from the phone, the XDK installation process works fine, I get normal debug screen afterwards, but I get error

500: App Preview Project Crosswalk is missing

when I click "Launch App on Device" or "Debug App on Device" icons and previous "install debug modul" screen is displayed ....

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Marek -- try the following:

• use the "broom" icon to view all the debug modules on your device and delete all of them
  • try the process again and see if you continue to get the error

If that doesn't work:

• make sure App Preview is up-to-date (uninstall and reinstall it from the store)
  • make sure App Preview is running before you start your Debug session
0 Kudos
Marek_Š_
Beginner

Paul,

thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, none of the steps works.

I tried another project - new one, created under 3491 version and which has never been debug on the device - it works, so I think, it has something to do with project settings or so. Tomorrow, I'll try to play "trial - error" with the problematic project settings - I'll let you know if there is a progress.

Marek

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Marek -- in that case, I suspect it has something to do with a plugin in your project. There are some plugins that do now work well in that Debug module environment. In which case, you'll have to debug a built app using this technique > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-debug-and-test-overview#RemoteChromeDevTools <

0 Kudos