Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Need to install Parallel Studio on a new system

John_C_10
Beginner

I have a single user license for Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows and it is installed on 2 systems. I need to install on a new system (it is ok if I have to uninstall on the other systems). When I go to the Manage License site there is no Activate Serial Number button to enter the MAC address for the new system. Can you help?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Light_Intel

Your SN type doesn't require pre-activation. Thus you can install on a third system by providing your SN during installation. Note, you have name-user license, and according to our EULA it can only be installed on systems that are for your own use.

Does this answer your question?

Regards,

Noga
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
John_C_10
Beginner

Not quite. The systems are all offline systems and I need a license file.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

A copy of the same license file should work.  You're on the honor system to use the additional installations yourself.  MAC address requirements don't apply to named single user license.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

If you need the license file for the installation you can download it or mail it to yourself via Intel Registration Center. See: https://software.intel.com/en-us/faq/licensing#license-management

As said, per your SN type a single license file will work on all your systems. However, to abide by our EULA you should only install it on up to 3 systems for your own use.

Noga

0 Kudos
John_C_10
Beginner

I tried this and it still did not install. The splash screen appears, the files are copied to the install folder, and then the splash screen disappears and the install program closes. No error message. Maybe it is not a license issue. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Can you please zip the installation log files and attach them to this ticket, in a private message if you wish. They can be found under: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/where-can-i-find-the-installation-log-files

Regards,

Noga

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Any update?

Noga

0 Kudos
John_C_10
Beginner

I'm working on getting the file for you. I only have the setup log file as the install does not run. I did notice that the workstation has two other Intel apps installed (Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Professional Edition 11.1.072 Update 9 for Windows and Intel Math Kernel Library 10-.2 update 7 for Windows OS). Is it possible they could be preventing Parallel Studio XE Composer from installing?

John

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

It is possible that there are old license files on your system and thus when attempting to install the old license files are encountered first. I will suggest the following:

1. If you are not using the old products please uninstall them. Make sure to use the Intel installer rather than add/remove program for the uninstallation to make sure you have a clean uninstall.
  2. Whether you choose to uninstall or not please check the licenses directory on that system and make sure no old licenses are lurking around. On a Windows* system the license will be under: <installation drive>\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses

Regards,

Noga

0 Kudos