Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Nested Service Calls

Varun_R_
Beginner

Hi, 

I have a card which calls web service X.

The card contain 3 rows (A,B,C). A & B have 2 Columns each

I am populating the data {{Name}} from Web Service X in Row A Col 1. Currently it is returning 5 items so I have 5 cards.

I have a card grid in Row B Col 2. The card grid is calling web service Y which is returning 6 items.

When I try to populate the card grid with data {{Group}} from service Y I get 6 blank cards in the grid.

When I try to populate the card grid with data {{Name}} from Service X I get 6 cards in the grid with data from service X. The first card is duplicated since service X is only returning 5 items when I go through the html in the debugger.

How do I call a 2nd service inside a card that is already using a service. Is this possible?

I am attaching a picture of the card when I am using Service X to populate the card grid o give you on idea

Thanks

Varun

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

This isn't possible using the Intel XDK App Designer tool. You will have to do it programmatically yourself.

0 Kudos
Varun_R_
Beginner
Hi Elroy, I am not using the GUI to do this. I am modifying the html. If you mean that I have to modify the js files could you point me in the right direction where I can find more info on this Thanks Varun
0 Kudos
Brian_W_Intel
Employee

Varun,

You could look into chaining promises and potentially using the xdkFilter option on your service call.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/593993

Brian

0 Kudos