Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

None of the expressions related to the position of the head work

Mona_J_1
Beginner

Hi, 

I am not sure why none of the expressions related to the position of the head are working? I have attached some photo links here that can represent the problem and here's the link to my code. Any help in figuring me out how to make these defined expressions work is really appreciated.

https://github.com/lamiastella/FaceTracking

EXPRESSION_HEAD_TURN_LEFT,
  EXPRESSION_HEAD_TURN_RIGHT,
  EXPRESSION_HEAD_UP,
  EXPRESSION_HEAD_DOWN,
  EXPRESSION_HEAD_TILT_LEFT,
  EXPRESSION_HEAD_TILT_RIGHT,

Thanks,

Mona Jalal.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gal_G_Intel
Employee

Hey Mona, regarding head expressions - they are obsolete (API returns not supported when enabling them - they will be removed in the upcoming versions). The reason we decided to remove them is because they are not properly defined (user expects left to be his real left - and not left in camera coordinates).

Obviously the implementation is very simple - and if you know the camera position or some other user calibration you can calculate them using the pose data.

Head turn left/right -> Frontal pose yaw - Current pose yaw > Threshold

Head turn up / down -> Frontal pose pitch - Current pose pitch > Threshold

Head tilt left / right -> Frontal roll pitch - Current roll pitch > Threshold

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Gal_G_Intel
Employee

Hey Mona, regarding head expressions - they are obsolete (API returns not supported when enabling them - they will be removed in the upcoming versions). The reason we decided to remove them is because they are not properly defined (user expects left to be his real left - and not left in camera coordinates).

Obviously the implementation is very simple - and if you know the camera position or some other user calibration you can calculate them using the pose data.

Head turn left/right -> Frontal pose yaw - Current pose yaw > Threshold

Head turn up / down -> Frontal pose pitch - Current pose pitch > Threshold

Head tilt left / right -> Frontal roll pitch - Current roll pitch > Threshold

0 Kudos