Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

PHP with INTEL XDK

Jorge_F_1
Beginner

I am new to android ... and also in Intel XDK environment.

Gentlemen supporters, kindly guide me on the questions below:

1-I want to develop an app for android, which from a text box (text area or imput button) the user to inform your contact or a fact or even a complaint, this is sent to a specific e-mail, you see? as a kind of FEEDBACK. It could even be sent also to a specific whatsapp, but do not know what would be the most interesting, quick and efficient resolution of technical view point.

2-I have researched a lot about cord-plugins-email-compose, that is, within the Intel XDK environment; I did several tests and examples collected from the internet, but do not work. On the other hand, outshines in my view the issue of e-mail, domain on android, do not know how this. For I see several apps, same with many such resources, forms, sending data, etc. But I'm having a hard time understanding these things.

3-In a web environment this is all understandable to me. Many years ago, I got to do a few simple things in PHP and Mysql ... as the situation I described above ... made a page in HTML, logging suggestions and invoking a script on the server side PHP that I sent these records to a specific email. I stayed this page in cloud, remember that the (localweb) and localweb server had the resources to support PHP, Mysql. To host this page on the server, I had to create a domain in registro.BR and the service to send form data to an e-mail functioned normally. So I wanted to take this same solution ... the same idea ... ie the web server environment for smartphones environment, android. You see? Finally, develop a simple app that the user could file a claim (form - text area, or INPUT button) and this was sent to a specific e-mail or even a whatsapp. A solution type Push notification.

questions:

1) I have almost given up the cord-plugins-email-compose, however, you can guide me more about this plugin and how to set up properly?
2-Where sets my account email in-cord plug-email-compose?
3) Can I send data from a form (text area) to integrate Intel XDK with PHP? (Ie, because in PHP, I know how to nviar and e-mail)
3) To host app, which server would indicate me?
4) Are there any free or paid server to send the APK and test, ie I could download and test the App on my phone?
5) To host my APP APK or on free or paid server, I would have to necessarily create have a domain? email account?
6) Can demontrar me or send me an APP / APK to record a message, or text, or subject (text area or INPUT button) and internally APP feature to send this message to an e-mail?
7) I enjoyed the Intel XDK environment, but I would indicate another similar tool, given the complexity of dealing with e-mail?

Thanks for the clarification.
Thank you.
Jorge F.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Diego_Calp
Valued Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

I answered this in another post, and then find this one, my reply is more appropiate here:

As you seem more experiencied with html forms and php I'll tell you how to pass your input values from an XDK app to a php script. This is the answer to your question number 3. In this example, I pass two fields, Name and Note, and may use php to send a mail.

1. Drop two input fields and one button in your XDK page.

2. Fill the inputs ID value, name for the first, note the second.

3. Select the button and at the left panel, INTERACTIVITY section, drop down Action option and choose Custom Script. Press Edit Script button.

4. You will go to edit the button's click event at index_user_scripts.js file, this is the code:

$(document).on("click", ".uib_w_7", function(evt)
  {
      /* your code goes here */ 

//these two lines take the values from inputs using jquery
var input1 = $("#name").val();
var input2 = $("#note").val();

//jquery ajax to send values to php using POST
$.ajax({
	type: 'POST',
	url: 'http://www.yourserver.com/send_mail.php',
	data: {
		name: input1,
		note: input2
	},
	success: function (response) {
		//you may show some data from php using echo
		alert(response);
	}
});		

return false;
  });

5. This is send_mail.php, and how to use the values, probably you already know it.

<?php
//place here the php code to send the mail using the values in $_POST['name'] and $_POST['note']

//you may send some data back to the XDK app and will be received in the response value
echo "Thanks for your comment " . $_POST['name'];
?>

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Diego

0 Kudos
Jorge_F_1
Beginner

Diego soon.

Okay ... kkkkkkk
Sorry translation. I'm brazilian.
Only yourself to help me clarify these things. Thank you very much. Thank you. Now, I could understand. Thank you friend.
I thought the Intel XDK has a solution to email more practical and easily, given that email today is the common ... is the basics of basic in any kinds of applications. I was seeing the AppBuilder, it seems much easier and uncomplicated, has several examples of PUSH Notification, smooth and without mysteries. Intel XDK should improve the resources to send emails. Here is my observation and suggestion.

Diego and in the case of sending SMS, how about it?

Jorge F.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Jorge -- to send an SMS you need to use a Cordova plugin. That plugin will provide a JavaScript API to facility sending the text message. It will do it by sending and "intent" to another app on the mobile device, that has the proper permissions to send a text, and is the application that the user has chose as the SMS app, allowing the user more control over their system. Your app must adapt to the user, not the other way around. Search for "cordova sms plugin" and you will find solutions.

0 Kudos