Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Problems with the new intel xdk version (3088)

Renato_B_
Beginner

I tried the new Intel XDK version in the last night and I've some issues:

iOS: 
1_ I still need to touch the screen to start the sound
2_ I'm getting a weird noise when the chartboost ads plugin starts that only stops when I close the app.

Android:
I got different errors when I imported the folder and when I opened the XDK file.

- Importing www folder, the problem happened after app was built. When I executed the app, the loading screen was showed with an empty bar and it didn't change anymore.

Edited: I cannot add plugins through plugin manager (nothing happens)

- Opening the XDK file, the program didn't find the chartboost plugin and I've to cancel the process. 

Error message:
Plugin "https://github.com/cranberrygame/cordova-plugin-ad-chartboost" is not present in the project. See `cordova plugin list`.

When I tried again, I got a social share plugin error and now I'm stuck here.

Error message:
Command failed: /Applications/Intel XDK.app/Contents/MacOS/git/bin/git --exec-path=/Applications/Intel XDK.app/Contents/MacOS/git/libexec/git-core -c init.templatedir=/Applications/Intel XDK.app/Contents/MacOS/git/share/git-core/templates clone https://github.com/EddyVerbruggen/Socia ... Gap-Plugin/var/folders/40/td660n9d3cldcx3wbc8y2ydw0000gn/T/git/1458821769829 Cloning into '/var/folders/40/td660n9d3cldcx3wbc8y2ydw0000gn/T/git/1458821769829'... error: Could not expand include path '~/.gitcinclude' fatal: bad config file line 49 in /usr/local/git/etc/gitconfig

Edited: If I deselect the "Use new Intel XDK project format" option I can import the plugins but when I try to emulate the game I got this error message:

404: Intel XDK can't find your app
Do you have index.html in your source directory?

PS. My index page is there

Both plugins were installed in the iOS version.

0 Kudos
35 Replies
And_P_
Beginner

Sorry Paul but why i have to put index file in www folder if all was ok before the update?

0 Kudos
jaden_d_
Beginner

Hello, I'm trying to upload my app but at compile or build the app to sign with intelxdk I get this Error
"Android asset filenames May countain only ASCII characters" do not know how to fix that add some plugins Equally if the case creating our directory of www, enclose some images to see if They can help. thanks (everything is done in Construct 2
and place another thread but do not give me an answer, I have the intel XDK 3088, please help me.
if not of this post please tell me where I can comment on that, thank you.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@Renato, it is okay to have empty intelxdk.config.additions.xml file. But make sure it does not have invalid entries. For the performance I don't know the details of your app, but if you are not using crosswalk, please do so. (check the box "optimize for crosswalk" under the build settings)

@And P., the current project structure mandates to have index.html in www folder in order to be picked up by the emulator as well as App Preview and Build system. Emulator looks for the index.html file in the www folder and if it does not find it flags as invalid project. This project structure has been implemented for more than past couple of releases. Which version of Intel XDK were you using prior to this? As Paul mentioned please update your projects to follow the structure mentioned in the FAQ.

@jadend, probably one of your assets filename contains special character that is not allowed. Please check all your filenames in the project to see they have no special characters.

0 Kudos
Michael_O_2
New Contributor I

I had to create new projects before I could work with my old codes.

Why is this version problematic?

Version 3088 cannot open apps created with the previous version of the XDK.

I got error 404 for two different projects that worked perfectly.

After creating new projects, I copied the previous www folders and added the plugins all over again.

This version has a problem with Amazon mobileads plugin. My Android build failed when I added the plugin, but it was successful when I built it with Cordova CLI 6.

Intel Engineers should align the build server with the raw Cordova CLI build.

Sadly intel XDK is now turning to just an "emulator".

My last two or three apps that were updated were done via Cordova CLI because the XDK doesn't support all plugins that can be added on Cordova CLI.

0 Kudos
jaden_d_
Beginner

I want to thank the answer he gave me the Intel team, I was very useful, we use Spanish accents and so my mistake, I thought that the problem was in the XDK, again thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

@Michael -- I suspect you are using the new Construct2 export process but are using the old Construct2 import directions. Please see this post > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/607195

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@jaden, glad your issue is resolved.

@Michael, the 404 error in the emulator is due to index.html not being in the correct place. I believe your project is exported using Construct2 and imported using Intel XDK. There have been some changes in how export/import of C2 project works. Please see this thread for more info. on correctly importing the project into Intel XDK. https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/607195. As for keeping upto date with Cordova CLI, we are trying to be as close to the latest CLI. Our current build system supports CLI 5.4.1 but the pinned versions of Android and iOS are ahead of the standard CLI 5.4.1. Our CLI 5.4.1 supports Android Cordova 5.0 and iOS Cordova 4.0.1.  As for the plugins please let us know the details of the issues you are facing so we can try to resolve.  

0 Kudos
jaden_d_
Beginner

hello, as I add advertising Admond not find the plugin option from the web, I'm in explorer plugin, third-party-plugins which of the 3 options is? and how full the data or where I can see the version number of the plugin or previously were taken from each manual but right now and I mess with this update of the XDK

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

@jaden,

hello, as I add advertising Admond not find the plugin option from the web, I'm in explorer plugin, third-party-plugins which of the 3 options is? 

I didn't fully understand the question. But I will give you all the information I have. You can pick and choose. We have had a few issues with admob plugins and so have not been recommending any in particular to our users. I suggest you go through the NPM registry to see the more popular admob plugins and see if one of them fits the bill. If you select a plugin from this list - https://www.npmjs.com/search?q=admob, you can see a 'stats' section on the right pane that gives download information.

Import it as a third party plugin, if it is in the registry you can use the 'Cordova plugin registry' option. If you found it in github, use the git repo option. If you downloaded it and is available locally in your project directory, use the 'import local plugin' option. You can find more information here: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/add-manage-project-plugins

and how full the data or where I can see the version number of the plugin or previously were taken from each manual but right now and I mess with this update of the XDK

I think you have downloaded the plugin. In that case, go to plugin.xml and the plugin tag will usually contain the version number.

<plugin xmlns="http://apache.org/cordova/ns/plugins/1.0"
        xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
        id="cordova-plugin-admobpro"
        version="2.13.0">

0 Kudos
jaden_d_
Beginner

sorry but I do not understand, I have to add admob I got for my app by code? then as I add the ID admob gave me and will not let you down plugin simply gives you an ID on the account is created.

if you have to add it using code as I do that or rather as plugin or that those who are selected on the page you left me before?

0 Kudos
Sureet_K_
Beginner

For my fellow C2 developers, I was able to successfully emulate the game/app in intel XDK build 3088, using the following process.
1. Export project from the C2 menu
2. Selecy Cordova
3. In the option window that open, choose a folder you need the project to be exported. Just to be clean and organized, make sure the folder empty. IMPORANT: DESELECT MINIFY SCRIPT
4. The Cordova option window that appear next, tick on the choice boxes you feel is required ------>and click EXPORT
5. Select "Open Destination Folder" in the export success window that pops-up
6. Create a new folder name www
7. move all the files except "config.xml" and "intelxdk.config.additions.xml".. Double check you only have the .xml files and the folder name "www"

8. Fire-up intelXDK, and choose start new project. and click import HTML5 code base. Choose the location with contains your www folder and the xml files
9. provide a name for your project in the input box that appears next
10. make sure the source directory says www. select Yes for the Cordova Plugins, and No for the game project
11. you will see a success window and a note window "Additions file contains plugins", click dismiss
12.Click on the Projects button on the top right with a blue folder icon
13. You will seee a list of projects that you may have imported earlier. click on the current project and click Plugin Management un Cordova Hybrid mobil app settings
14. Open the intelXDK.config.additions.xml file using your notepad or any xml editor. You will see the plugins that need to be installed using the plugin management option in intelXDK
15. Click on Add plugins to this project, choose third party plugins.
16a. copy the intelXDK value from the xml file you have opened, and paste it onto the Plugin ID space, and cluck add plugin.
16b. Continue this for all the plugins you find in the xml file. MAKE SURE YOU ARE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET

17. Go to the Emulate tab and try Emulation.

Good Luck

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Adding to Sureet's summary:

18. Remove or comment-out the references to plugins in your intelxdk.config.additions.xml file. Leaving them there will cause problems when you use the Build or Debug tabs.

19. Make sure you include at least the following in your intelxdk.config.additions.xml file before you build:

<intelxdk:crosswalk xwalk-command-line="--ignore-gpu-blacklist" />
<intelxdk:crosswalk xwalk-command-line="--disable-pull-to-refresh-effect" />
<preference name="CrosswalkAnimatable" value="false" />
0 Kudos
Ahmed_S_2
Beginner

hello, my problem is after i finished my app (about rss feed), and built and export it my mobile .. when i open the app in my phone i find it empty, only has the header, footer. and background .. i cant find the data i added .

plze help

0 Kudos
Seraphin_J_
Beginner

Hey GUYS !!!

I am using the new version of C2 and Intel XDk, i exported my project, load the  .XDK file on Intel, i try to test it on the simulator, and while the loadbar is progressing, the game froze, and it works actually well on C2.

Please someone explain me that  situation.. Thank You !!!

0 Kudos
Radha_W_
Beginner

Hi

I am new to here,

I am making 2d game and i would like to use the Ad mob in my game, i watched some tutorials, so there need Cordova plugin registry in plugin management under third party plugin source, but it is not shown in my intel xdk. now showing npm option there. can any one please guide me.

0 Kudos