Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Product activation failed

lvella
Beginner

I am trying to install Educator Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux on the university computer by running:

$ sh parallel_studio_xe_2016_update3_online.sh

At "Step 3 of 7 | Activation", I choose "1. I want to activate my product using a serial number [default]", and paste one of the licenses received via e-mail just after "Please type your serial number (the format is XXXX-XXXXXXXX):"

On the first time I tried, I got the error message after a few seconds:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking serial number...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation program failed to establish internet connection for activation.
Please see the following link for more information and troubleshooting:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/product-activation-failed
Please press "Enter" to try again:

I pressed "Enter" and tried again with every one of the licenses available. On the following attempts, the error messages showed immediatelly, with no delay. Network analysis showed no communication originating from the computer. Internet here is behind a properly configured proxy, the installer was able to correctly download the installation files.

I followed the link in the error message and it followed me here. How can I install the product?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Thank you for submitting the issue. Were you able to install using License file? 

This article explains how to obtain license file:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-do-i-get-my-license-file-for-intel-parallel-studio-xe-2016

Please place the license file in the following directory: /opt/intel/licenses

Let me know if you need further help.

Regard,

0 Kudos
lvella
Beginner
I tryed.to follow the instructions to generate a license file, but they required me to provide the hardware address of eth0. The problem is that those machines do not have an eth0 interface. Instead, the ethernet interface is named enp5s0. Should I create the license file using the MAC address of that interface?
0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Hello,

Yes, this should work.

Regards,

0 Kudos