Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

[RESOLVED] Cannot login to Intel XDK v3900

James_H_4
Beginner

The login problem should now be resolved (as of March 30 at 11:30 PDT). The workaround referenced in this thread should no longer be required. If you previously applied the workaround you do not need to "undo" or change anything, the workaround is compatible with the fix. You may be prompted to re-login if you were previously logged into the Intel XDK. The issue was due to the deployment of an incompatible authorization certificate.

------------------------    workaround no longer required    ------------------------

Please see this post > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/720758#comment-1900352 < for a workaround.

------------------------    original post    ------------------------

I received the following error.

The webpage at https://signin.intel.com/?appid=515&TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-900bfa3b-39d4-4f49-95b0-099aaaf63c20&GUID=&SMAUTHREASON=0&METHOD=GET&SMAGENTNAME=$SM$QnJMmP%2bN6gMN%2fVVnfgk5wOmI3XqRSADYbdE9VPLR1oGltLZwYJ6CRfT8RxFdy4HV&TARGET=$SM$HTTPS%3a%2f%2fsfederation%2eintel%2ecom%2ffederation%2fXDK_App_Center%2easp%3ftCulture%3den-US might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

0 Kudos
89 Replies
mik_a_
Beginner

I'm on lubuntu 16.10 vm.

This workaround doesn't work for me!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

mik a. wrote:

I'm on lubuntu 16.10 vm.

Did you use Chrome on your lubuntu machine to create the Cookies file?

Is the clock on your machine accurate?

0 Kudos
emem_u_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

This workaround requires that you have Chrome 55 or greater installed on the same machine that you are using to run the Intel XDK.

• Close the Intel XDK.
  • Make sure your system date and time is correct.
  • Open a new tab in your Chrome browser (must be Chrome version 55 or later).
  • Type https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/ into your Chrome browser.
  • If you see a "Thank you for using the Intel® XDK." message in the browser, skip the next step, otherwise...
  • Sign into the Chrome browser login page using your Intel XDK login username and password credentials.
  • When you see a "Thank you for using the Intel® XDK." message in the browser, continue...

• Copy this file: "%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies"
    to this folder:   "%LocalAppData%\XDK\User Data\Default"
    (note there are spaces in the paths, so the double-quote characters are required!)

• After a successful copy operation, restart the Intel XDK and you should be automatically logged into your XDK account.

To perform the Cookies file copy using a Windows command prompt:

> cd "%LocalAppData%\XDK\User Data\Default"
> copy "%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies" .
Overwrite .\Cookies? (Yes/No/All): y
        1 file(s) copied.

IMPORTANT: do not forget the '.' character at the end of the copy command (above), it means "copy into this directory."

If your login times out, due to not using the XDK for an extended period of time (this usually takes a week or more), or you logout of the XDK, you may have to use this procedure again.

To create an account outside of the Intel XDK, goto https://software.intel.com/registration and follow the prompts.

Thanks Paul this worked for me, Yeah my system time was also wrong by one (1) hour. I guess that would have been the initial problem, because I have two windows 10 system and only one was affected, the one with the wrong time!

0 Kudos
emem_u_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Quote:

Robert T. wrote:

This bug affected me too. The workaround works fine for me. During my app testing I had to change the system time, and this is exactly what caused the problem. Maybe that will help you with the bug fix?

Interesting observation! How far off was your system clock?

It worked for me. I have two windows machines, both running windows 10, one has a time difference of one hour, the problem was with the one with a time difference of one hour. The other, I installed Intel XDK without problem. The workaround resolve the problem with the other (with time difference). Thank you Paul.

0 Kudos
Carlos_S_1
Beginner

It worked for me

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Szilvia E. wrote:

I'm in the same situation as Arthur, I'm on the HTML5 for W3C edX course where XDK is the tool of demonstration. I can't log in and I'm on Linux (which seems to be a neglected OS regardless it is the preferred OS by the developers around me).

Update: As it was recommended, I logged in with Chrome and copied the ~/.config/google-chrome/Default/Cookies into  ~/.config/XDK/Default and  ~/.config/XDK-Wrapper/Default  , but I still see the error. The 

INSERT INTO "cookies" VALUES(13135034081914716,'appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com','xdkEdition'...

is in the Cookies file, so unless the cookies are encrypted with a key that changes for each instance, it should work.

Thank you for that feedback, Szilvia.

BTW -- it is not necessary to use the XDK to go through the HTML5 for W3C course, it is not necessary to use the XDK! All that is needed is the Brackets editor, which can be downloaded and installed from here > http://brackets.io/ < Whenever the course refers to using the "Live Layout" feature in the XDK, use the "Live Preview" feature in Brackets. There is nothing about the course that absolutely requires the XDK, the entire course can be completed using Brackets.

0 Kudos
mik_a_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Quote:

mik a. wrote:

I'm on lubuntu 16.10 vm.

Did you use Chrome on your lubuntu machine to create the Cookies file?
Is the clock on your machine accurate?

yep! I copy&paste from my home /.config/chromium/Default/Cookies to my home /.config/XDK/Default/Cookies but it doesn't log me.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We have a hotfix coming out soon, which resolves the issue. I am not able to say when that hotfix will be available. In the meantime, please use the 3750 release. You can uninstall 3900 using these instructions > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#uninstall-xdk < and download the 3759 installer here > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/705276 <

0 Kudos
Francisco_Régis_L_

It works for me. Thanks! =0)

0 Kudos
Andre_M_5
Beginner

copied from /Users/xxx/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/Default
to /Users/xxx/Library/Application\ Support/XDK/Default

How to fix the problem in a MacOSX? I'm having the same issue.

0 Kudos
Raffaele_C_
Beginner

Hi Guys,

I am having the same problem but on a mac.

Can You help me with the paths?

Thank You

0 Kudos
Mathew_H_
Beginner

Same problem here, on Mac, cant seem to find a fix? 

0 Kudos
SUblan_M_
Beginner

Great Worked Fine

0 Kudos
Роман_Б_
Beginner
I have such problem on linux mint. How can I resolve it?
0 Kudos
Greg_B_2
Beginner

worked for me.

0 Kudos
Raffaele_C_
Beginner

Can You guys please send a "How to for Mac"

Thanks

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Raffaele C. wrote:

This should work on a Mac:

$ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/XDK/Default
$ cp ~/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Cookies .

Might be different if you have multiple Chrome profiles, as there are also profile-specific cookie files stored within a collection of "Profile #" folders, at the same level as the "Default" folder.

Above assumes you've done all the other steps, that precede the cookie copy, as shown in the original solution (especially the login via Chrome).

0 Kudos
Raffaele_C_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Quote:

Raffaele C. wrote:

This should work on a Mac:

$ cd ~/Library/Application\ Support/XDK/Default
$ cp ~/Library/Application\ Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Cookies .

Might be different if you have multiple Chrome profiles, as there are also profile-specific cookie files stored within a collection of "Profile #" folders, at the same level as the "Default" folder.

Above assumes you've done all the other steps, that precede the cookie copy, as shown in the original solution (especially the login via Chrome).

Hi Paul,

did exactly that and not working.

0 Kudos
Роман_Б_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

A proper solution for the 3900 login issue is still being investigated.

If you are using the Intel XDK to complete the HTML5 from W3C Xseries instructional course, use Brackets instead and read this FAQ.

In the meantime, we have identified a workaround for the Intel XDK login issue. Please try it and report back on this thread if it works for you. The workaround described below is for a Windows system. Instructions for a similar workaround can be provided for OSX and Linux, if needed. If you are seeing this problem on Mac or Linux, please report here.

This workaround requires that you have Chrome 55 or greater installed on the same machine that you are using to run the Intel XDK.

• Close the Intel XDK.
  • Type https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/ into your Chrome browser.
  • If you see a "Thank you for using the Intel® XDK." message in the browser, skip the next step, otherwise...
  • Sign into the Chrome browser login page using your Intel XDK login username and password credentials.
  • When you see a "Thank you for using the Intel® XDK." message in the browser, continue...

(note there are spaces in the paths, so the double-quote characters are required!)

• After a successful copy operation, restart the Intel XDK and you should be automatically logged into your XDK account.

To perform the Cookies file copy using a Windows command prompt:

> cd "%LocalAppData%\XDK\User Data\Default"
> copy "%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cookies" .
Overwrite .\Cookies? (Yes/No/All): y
        1 file(s) copied.

IMPORTANT: do not forget the '.' character at the end of the copy command (above), it means "copy into this directory."

If your login times out, due to not using the XDK for an extended period of time (this usually takes a week or more), or you logout of the XDK, you may have to use this procedure again.

To create an account outside of the Intel XDK, goto https://software.intel.com/registration and follow the prompts.

Following is the same procedure, with some images included, for detail:

• Close the Intel XDK.

• After the copy, restart the Intel XDK and you should now be logged in.

I have same problem on Linux Mint. Google chrome version is 57

0 Kudos
Szilvia_E_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

We have a hotfix coming out soon, which resolves the issue. I am not able to say when that hotfix will be available. In the meantime, please use the 3750 release. You can uninstall 3900 using these instructions > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#uninstall-xdk < and download the 3759 installer here > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/705276 <

The downgrade is working for me. Thank you Paul!

0 Kudos
Claudio_G_
Beginner

On Linux the workaround doesn't work :-(

0 Kudos