Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

[RESOLVED] -- Error contacting remote build servers

Ciprian_A_
Beginner

in Intexl XDK v3400, when I go to Build tab I get this error: 

I have internet and I'm already logged in on XDK app

I can import plugins from github, logout then login

I restarted several times, I even deleted all my apps on https://appcenter.html5tools-software.intel.com/csd/controlpanel.aspx?

I clicked the green refresh icon

after I get a loading screen, I'm back to the first error

0 Kudos
18 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Are you still seeing this issue? We are not seeing any issues with our build system. There was an update made earlier today, perhaps you performed your build at that moment? I have performed multiple builds today without any issues.

0 Kudos
Ciprian_A_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Are you still seeing this issue? We are not seeing any issues with our build system. There was an update made earlier today, perhaps you performed your build at that moment? I have performed multiple builds today without any issues.

5 Hours after my original post I still see this error. 

0 Kudos
Ciprian_A_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

The problem seems to be with one of my projects. If I delete it an go to another one the build page is ok.

Can you have a look on my project?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/139926126/live_preview/_delete_after_30-aug/003_Waterflow%20AdMob.zip

All I did is change the       "projectGuid" to "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000"

and renamed .xdk and xdke files

0 Kudos
Jherico_T_
Beginner

It is now 11pm EST and I'm still getting the same error.  Any update on the fix on this?   

0 Kudos
Ciprian_A_
Beginner

Any news on the issue?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ciprian -- thank you for the example project, we'll use that to see if we can duplicate the issue and understand how these projects are impacting access to the backend servers.

0 Kudos
Web_P_
Beginner

IM GETTING SAME ISSUE!!!

0 Kudos
Web_P_
Beginner

INTEL XDK BUILD SETTINGS IS DOWN!!!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ciprian -- I am unable to reproduce the issue using your app. :-( Are you using version 3400 of the XDK?

0 Kudos
Ciprian_A_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Ciprian -- I am unable to reproduce the issue using your app. :-( Are you using version 3400 of the XDK?

I am using v3400

Are there any XDK global settings that I can reset?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Global settings are in the "global-settings.xdk" file, but there's not much in there. Project settings are in the <project-name>.xdk file that's inside your project folder. If you want to experiment with the global-settings.xdk file, I recommend you make a copy of it before you either change it or delete it. It contains the complete list of projects you'll find on your Projects tab. Search the XDK FAQs for info regarding the location of the global-settings.xdk file.

0 Kudos
Ciprian_A_
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Global settings are in the "global-settings.xdk" file, but there's not much in there. Project settings are in the <project-name>.xdk file that's inside your project folder. If you want to experiment with the global-settings.xdk file, I recommend you make a copy of it before you either change it or delete it. It contains the complete list of projects you'll find on your Projects tab. Search the XDK FAQs for info regarding the location of the global-settings.xdk file.

OK. So I uninstalled XDK also let the uninstaller delete my settings and install it again. Same Issue.

My other projects are working but this one is not. Still having the same error

0 Kudos
Ciprian_A_
Beginner

OK, So I found the problem: XDK doesn't like spaces in the .xdk and/or .xdke filename

SOLVED

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

That's why I couldn't reproduce the issue, I renamed the project folder and project xdk and xdke files to "forum-661268.*" because that's what I have to do to keep track of all the forum projects I'm usually dealing with...

THANKS FOR FIGURING THAT OUT!!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The reason this may have worked in the past is because there was inconsistent project name format checking between the XDK and the backend which was recently corrected. Thus, the reason the backend suddenly started displaying this error message.

Sorry for the disruptions these changes cause, but they are necessary to improve reliability and security. We are continuously implementing changes like this to insure the security of your accounts, your project files and your intellectual property.

0 Kudos
Ciprian_A_
Beginner

Since I'm a Windows user and the OS allows me to name my files any way I like, I didn't see a reason to use only certain conventions in XDK. Someone wise said about the UI design: don't force the user to learn new things and I will continue by saying: everyone is forcing us to do it their way, but why if we are the majority ?

A better approach will be to warn the user that  he's having illegal characters in his project name instead of throwing some unrelated error like "error contacting remote build server"

All the best

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There are such checks in the UI when you attempt to name a new project, but there appears to be a hole when one imports an existing project. I'll be filing a bug to help fix that hole.

0 Kudos
Rod_K_
Beginner

Glad you guys figured this out. Was having the same error.

0 Kudos