Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

[RESOLVED] Unable to upload the project files.

Ryan_C_1
Beginner

Please download and install version 3522 or higher.

---- original post ----

Hello,

I'm trying to build android with intel xdk.. I got error "Unable to upload the project files."

this is when I clicked the warning :

ERROR (-7) from "client:upload-manager": Error in zipping package asset files: : File not found: C:/xampp/htdocs/my-project/www/img/build/750x1334.png Error at new ComponentError (D:\Intel\XDK\xdk\core-modules\public\component-error.js:17:1122) at makeError (file:///D:/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:170) at getComponentError (file:///D:/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:265) at file:///D:/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:21767 at _rejected (file:///D:/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:844:24) at file:///D:/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:870:30 at Promise.when (file:///D:/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:1122:31) at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (file:///D:/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:788:41) at file:///D:/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:604:44 at runSingle (file:///D:/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:137:13)

I realized that splash screen on IOS 750x1334 has been removed from Intel XDK (v.3491).. I can't remove that splash screen so I tried to remove it manually from intelxdk.config.ios.xml.. 

"<splash platform="ios" src="img/build/750x1334.png" width="750" height="1334" orientation="portrait"/>" has been removed -> Saved -> Trying to build as android again but still cannot upload the project files and '<splash platform="ios" src="img/build/750x1334.png" width="750" height="1334" orientation="portrait"/>' still exists in the config.. any solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ryan -- I suspect the problem is the file it is looking for is inside the <project-name>.xdk file (the project file) that is located in the root directory of your project. If you open that file with a CODE EDITOR (do not use Word, etc.) you will probably find a reference to that problem file and you can delete it from within that file. MAKE A COPY OF THE FILE BEFORE YOU EDIT IT!!!! Make sure your edits leave the file in a proper JSON format, otherwise the XDK will have trouble opening your project.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ryan -- I suspect the problem is the file it is looking for is inside the <project-name>.xdk file (the project file) that is located in the root directory of your project. If you open that file with a CODE EDITOR (do not use Word, etc.) you will probably find a reference to that problem file and you can delete it from within that file. MAKE A COPY OF THE FILE BEFORE YOU EDIT IT!!!! Make sure your edits leave the file in a proper JSON format, otherwise the XDK will have trouble opening your project.

0 Kudos
Dennis_S_1
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

You need to further explain how to do this.. Why is it that every time a new Intel XDK update releases it has to break something. Do you guys even test the XDK builds before you even release. It's frustrating there's a new issue to deal with every month and then you have to wait a month or more for the current issue to be fixed..

0 Kudos
Agus_G_
Beginner

I have just updated from release 3400 to 3491 and the mentioned problem arose.

I have been for more than a year working with Intel XDK and I'm exhausted. As long as a new versión is released it solves one issue and brings lots of new issues. It's very frustrating and obstructs our work developing Apps. If Intel XDK Team doesn't react fast and effiently, I'll give up soon and I'll try with Cocoon.io

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Dennis and Agus -- we are working on a hot-fix to address the issue described above. Significant changes were made with this release and, unfortunately, a few bugs got through. Users that provide us with a test case to help with issues helps tremendously in resolving these issues as well as preventing them from recurring in the future. Yes, we do test the app, unfortunately, we are not able to predict every scenario that comes along with changes in features, one of the reasons we try to release at a regular six week interval.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

@Agus >

I am working with Intel XDK for a long time (since XDK New). I can see the big work that Intel team is doing. Yes, sometimes I found a bug, but it is minimal. 

Today I create a new project to test a certain plugin and when I tried to build I receive a message like you (Unable to upload the project files.". After some tests and analises, I realized that the name of mobile provision (iOS) was incorrect and I was trying to build for Android. I put another file "mobile provision" from other project and it passed. 

It is a bug? Sure. I was building to Android and the issue is about a field in iOS environment. I spent some time to find this, but, after it, I could built and test for my needs.

For me, Intel XDK is a great tool. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Hamilton -- thanks for that feedback, I've included it with the current outstanding issue that we are trying to resolve in an upcoming hotfix.

0 Kudos
Aaron_C_2
Beginner

I came here for the workaround but can't seem to find a solution. Anyone have any luck getting this to work?

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

You said that you removed some lines from intelxdk.config.ios.xml. This file is controled by the system. You need to remove from name.xdk.

0 Kudos
Ryan_C_1
Beginner
Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Thank you Paul, that's solved the problem.. :)
0 Kudos
Muhammad_Y_Efendi

I followed this URL and got resolved.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/640827

1. in the root of your project directory create a file name intelxdk.upload.request.txt
2. inside that file add a single line with the number 120
3. exit and restart the XDK

I use 3491.v  and it also works well.

0 Kudos
Samuel_M_2
Beginner

When you will have a definitive solution? The above solution does not work for me.

I keep getting this error: Unable to upload the project files.

ERROR (-7) from "client:upload-manager": Error in zipping package asset files: : Error in zipping config files: : Error in generating Build Config files: . Error at new ComponentError (C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\core-modules\public\component-error.js:17:1122) at makeError (file:///C:/Users/Samuel/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:170) at getComponentError (file:///C:/Users/Samuel/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:265) at file:///C:/Users/Samuel/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:21767 at _rejected (file:///C:/Users/Samuel/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:844:24) at file:///C:/Users/Samuel/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:870:30 at Promise.when (file:///C:/Users/Samuel/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:1122:31) at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (file:///C:/Users/Samuel/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:788:41) at file:///C:/Users/Samuel/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:604:44 at runSingle (file:///C:/Users/Samuel/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:137:13)

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Samuel -- we are about to release a hotfix that will resolve the issue you posted. Should show up early this week.

0 Kudos
Bava__Arthur
Beginner

Hi,

I was having a very similar issue...did the update today to XDK 3522 and still receive this unable to upload project...

here is the detailed description:

ERROR (-7) from "client:upload-manager": Error in zipping package asset files: : File not found: E:/Users/Tuca/Desktop/NailGoal/Intel XDK projects/NailGoal Free/IOS/NailGoal/package-assets/NailGoal_Free_102.mobileprovision Error at new ComponentError (E:\Users\Tuca\AppData\Local\Intel\XDK\xdk\core-modules\public\component-error.js:17:1122) at makeError (file:///E:/Users/Tuca/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:170) at getComponentError (file:///E:/Users/Tuca/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:265) at file:///E:/Users/Tuca/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/components/client/upload-manager/upload-manager.js:17:21929 at _rejected (file:///E:/Users/Tuca/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:844:24) at file:///E:/Users/Tuca/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:870:30 at Promise.when (file:///E:/Users/Tuca/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:1122:31) at Promise.promise.promiseDispatch (file:///E:/Users/Tuca/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:788:41) at file:///E:/Users/Tuca/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:604:44 at runSingle (file:///E:/Users/Tuca/AppData/Local/Intel/XDK/xdk/node_modules/q/q.js:137:13)

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

EDITED:

Sorry my mistake. I figured out that there is one file really missing on my  project. My bad.

0 Kudos