Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

[RESOLVED] iOS successful build but "missing 64-bit support" error when uploading

Developer_A_1
Beginner

With a successful build trying to upload the app via the "Application Loader" tool from a Mac we obtain a "missing 64-bit support" error: any advise about it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
75 Replies
And_P_
Beginner

don't use Construct2 app

target IOS 8.0

still got problem...

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We are still trying to figure out what is wrong.

If you must build and submit now, you can install Cordova CLI on your Mac and build your application with standard Cordova. You'll have to construct a config.xml file, most of which you'll find in the intelxdk.config.ios.xml file generated by the XDK (it's about 95% compatible with a standard Cordova CLI config.xml file). I recommend that you create a new Cordova CLI project and then copy your source code into that project, if you choose that route.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Marcos and Gabriel -- thank you for supplying copies of your project folders. I see nothing unusual or odd about either one of these projects (they are currently being reviewed by some colleagues, as well). One of my colleagues mentioned that several years ago there was a similar problem with Apple submissions that turned out to be due to how the developers were configuring their provisioning files in their Apple Developer account.

I recommend that you create a new set of certs (including a new provisioning file) and build your app with those updated certs. There may be something about how you are configuring those certificates that is causing the problem, or perhaps some old certs that are causing the problem. Likewise, review very closely the information you provide with the store submission, as there may be something about that information that is indirectly causing this error.

We'll continue to look into this, but we are stumped as to what might be causing the failure. My test clearly indicates that a CLI 5.4.1 iOS build can be submitted to Apple without this error, and every IPA file that has been provided to me for testing includes the required architectures.

0 Kudos
Daniele_A_
Beginner

Paul yes i think it's the right way to create new certificate i use openssl now  to create .csr file from windows

openssl req -nodes -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout private_key.key -out cer_sign_request.csr

still tryng

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

Hello,

I will proceed as requested with certificates and update asap

thanks in advance

Marcos
www.conteudoanimal.com.br

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Daniele -- what happens if you try the process outlined in these links, and let the XDK backend system generate the p12 files for you, rather than using openssl:

If you want to use openssl, I recommend the two articles referenced here > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#windows-p12 <

0 Kudos
Daniele_A_
Beginner

Hello i create new certificate follow the tutorial.. ... i build new app.. build ok ... same issue ...  iOS successful build but "missing 64-bit support"

0 Kudos
Developer_A_1
Beginner

Daniele A. wrote:

Hello i create new certificate follow the tutorial.. ... i build new app.. build ok ... same issue ...  iOS successful build but "missing 64-bit support"

Having read this maybe we won't try that (also because the CERT is used also in other contexts, so we would like not to change it...): any other news? Now it really seems a "build" problem...

0 Kudos
Yonas_H_
Beginner

Hi Intel

This problem i guess is for everyone. i have the same problem since tuesday, for and app that i managed to upload to app store a few days from that. I had to make some changes, now i can't seem to upload to for review or update. It failed again just now. May be some changes were made on the build server?

Thank You

Yonas

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thanks for the feedback, Yonas. We're still trying to figure this one out, so far no good clues.

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

Paul F

Same issue with new certificates :((((

0 Kudos
Ibanez_A_
Beginner

Well like the others I have the same issue. Until 2016-07-05 I can submit to apple store. In the last week 2016-07-21 the error occurs when using the app loader.

I change to cordova 5.4.1 and the error occurs.

I try the 6.2.0 and the message comes 

• Error: "6.2.0" is not a supported Cordova version. Please specify Cordova 5.1.1, 5.4.1, or 6.2.0.
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We do not yet have our CLI 6.2.0 built system in place.

One thing that might help to understand what is going on -- if anyone can provide a copy of their IPA that was accepted along with a copy of the IPA that failed, we could do some comparisons to see if there is some key difference.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Thank you, Ibanez -- I'll forward to engineering. Anyone else that can provide the same, it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ibanez -- I see two key differences that might help in figuring out what is wrong:

• "before" IPA is built with CLI 5.1.1 and targets iOS 7
  • "after" IPA is built with CLI 5.4.1 and targets iOS 9

Please try these two experiments.

First:

• change "after" to build with iOS target 8
  • see if that build can be submitted

If above doesn't work:

• change "after" to build with CLI 5.1.1
  • change "after" to build with iOR target 7
  • see if that build can be submitted

0 Kudos
Ibanez_A_
Beginner

I made the 3 tests and the error was the same. 

0 Kudos
Developer_A_1
Beginner

...we've made no futher tests as all possible we imagine could be valid have already been done... still hope in a solution :)

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

Yonas,

I can not agree more .... this is causing problem

Maybe Intel roll back and send a past version which worked and restart from there !

Yonas H. wrote:

Hi Intel

This problem i guess is for everyone. i have the same problem since tuesday, for and app that i managed to upload to app store a few days from that. I had to make some changes, now i can't seem to upload to for review or update. It failed again just now. May be some changes were made on the build server?

Thank You

Yonas

0 Kudos
Rodolfo_F_
Beginner

Hello!

Same problem here...

It is a very simple project loading with Application Loader with InAppBrowser and Splashscreen plugins only.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Developer_A_1
Beginner

Sorry to note we're also stuck: we hope you could work it out as soon as possibile.

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

Hello

Any update or ETA to solve the issue ?

Intel asked the working file.ipa .... I just have into itunes and do not have iphone smartphone ... is there any option to download the file.ipa ??

thanks in advance
Marcos
www.conteudoanimal.com.br

0 Kudos