Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

[RESOLVED] iOS successful build but "missing 64-bit support" error when uploading

Developer_A_1
Beginner

With a successful build trying to upload the app via the "Application Loader" tool from a Mac we obtain a "missing 64-bit support" error: any advise about it?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
75 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

We have found a similar problem with PhoneGap Build users, that started at the same time.

Those users are experiencing exactly the same problem. It appears, based on that thread, that the problem is likely being caused by the presence of Xcode 6 on your Mac from which you are performing the submission. We believe that the Application Loader app may be utilizing some checking mechanism in Xcode before the actual submission to the store.

Please try doing the following:

• update your version of Xcode to version 7
  • reboot your Mac
  • try submitting your app using the Application Loader app

If that does not work, download and install Application Loader 3.1, which is extremely difficult to find, but is located here:

Please report back if this worked and, if it did work, which solution was the right solution for you.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

p.s. Application Loader 3.1 requires "an Intel-based Macintosh with at least 512 MB RAM and Mac OS X version 10.9 or later installed."

0 Kudos
Yonas_H_
Beginner
Hi Paul I don't have Xcode in my computer. But I will see if loader 3.1 will work, though I have only 10.8 (mountain lion). Yonas
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

When reading the PhoneGap Build threads you may see references to Application Loader 3.5. That version of Application Loader cannot be downloaded separately (as far as we can tell). However, if you have Xcode 7.3.1 installed on your system (perhaps some older versions, as well), you can get to it from within the Xcode menu. See the screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 11.58.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 12.00.19 PM.png

0 Kudos
Ibanez_A_
Beginner

The 2 copies:

Tnx in advance Paul. 

0 Kudos
Yonas_H_
Beginner

Hi Paul

The solution you provided didn't help. I had to download OS X 10.11.0  first, before i get Application Loader 3.1, which i didn't want to do. When i start looking for a solution somewhere else i found this 

https://www.scirra.com/forum/i-have-warning-quot-missing-64bit-support-quot-when-i-build-cordova_t122647

It seems this is not the first time this problem occurred. 

Thank You

Yonas

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Yonas -- the thread you're pointing to on the Scirra forum is a different problem, that was resolved earlier in the year. The problem you are now having is being caused by the Apple Xcode and Application Loader software, it is not a problem with the XDK build system or the XDK itself. It appears that Xcode and Application Loader are now tightly linked and you MUST have Xcode 7 on your machine to get the Application Loader to work.

Please do the following:

• insure you have OS X 10.9 or higher installed on your Mac
  • install the Xcode 7 development tools from the Apple store
  • reboot your Mac (after the installation of Xcode 7)
  • use the Application Loader that is built into Xcode 7 (see image below)

Screen Shot 2016-07-26 at 11.58.04 AM.png

This appears to be the result of new restrictions placed on the store submission process by Apple. There is nothing the XDK can do to change these new requirements, they are dictated by Apple.

0 Kudos
Ibanez_A_
Beginner

It works! I tested in a OS X 10.09 with a application loader 3.1. Thanks a lot Paul.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ibanez -- thanks for the confirmation!!!

0 Kudos
Rodolfo_F_
Beginner

Installed XCode 7 and the problem was solved!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Marcondes__Marcos

Hello,

Problem resolved to me ...

I had to install Oracle VM and a El capitan version .... against old mountain lion version i used before

And downloaded the application loader 3.1 ... and during the upload of .ipa file ... it asked to install XCode application

All set for now .... waiting for next issue cause by apple

Thanks for all help from Intel team specially Paul

Marcos
www.conteudoanimal.com.br

0 Kudos
Developer_A_1
Beginner

Having opened the thread I'd like to thank Intel's staff for the support and tell that we've SOLVED the problem reading all answers (also of other users): there is basically a kind of "bug" in the tools of the o.s. so that updating/upgrading everything has led to a working situation.

0 Kudos
gabriel_o_
Beginner

Thank, it really solved my problem

0 Kudos