Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

SHA-1 Fingerprint Problem

Ed_T_
Beginner

Folks,

I'm trying to set up Push Notifications on Firebase using cordova-plugin-fcm

I need to create the SHA-1 Fingerprint of the keystore I'm using for this test app. Several places on the web suggest using JAVA's keytool.exe.

I'm using Windows CMD to open a command line, drilling down into the jre folder, and using the syntax:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_101\bin>keytool -list -v -keystore C:\Intel XDK builds\keys\pushtest.keystore -alias throawaypushtest
Illegal option:  XDK

For whatever reason it fingers the XDK as a villan.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ed

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pamela_H_Intel

Ed,

It's because of the space in "Intel XDK". Try double quotes around this bit -  C:\Intel XDK builds\keys\pushtest.keystore

Pamela

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Pamela_H_Intel

Ed,

It's because of the space in "Intel XDK". Try double quotes around this bit -  C:\Intel XDK builds\keys\pushtest.keystore

Pamela

0 Kudos
Ed_T_
Beginner

Pamela,

Ho Boy! Don't I feel stupid! I should have remembered that about DOS command lines!

If you own a copy of Using MS-DOS 6.2 from Que Books, please scratch my name off the cover with a Sharpie!

ROFL

Thanks!

Ed

0 Kudos
Pamela_H_Intel

Oh, ouch! Scratching your name, that's harsh.

Another easy option is to move the keystore file (or copy) into another directory.

0 Kudos
Ed_T_
Beginner

Oh no! Once you said spaces in a command line, I KNEW!I

I have the fingerprint, no problem.

It's only been 23 years since that book came out, but still... Hopefully my co-author never sees this thread!

0 Kudos