Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

SR300 not working with Camera Explorer

Chi_W_
Beginner

I am testing the SR300 camera by using Camera Explorer. Camera Explorer recognizes the SR300 and tells me the Color stream is enabled and the Depth stream is enabled. After I select the SR300, I enter the camera screen which has a "Please Wait" message. I can see the SR300 is enabled because the green light is on but the "Please Wait" message never goes away. Is the SR300 compatible with the Camera Explorer? If so, what should I try next? I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the DCM (intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.0.24.59748.exe) and SDK (intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_r5_7.0.23.8048.exe). My F200 works as expected with the SDK R5 Camera Explorer.  

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Do you connect both F200 and SR300 at the same time? This is a known issue if you connect both cameras at the same time. 

0 Kudos
Chi_W_
Beginner

No, I only have one USB3 port so I can only plug one camera in at a time.

0 Kudos
eong1
Beginner

Hi, any work around for this? I am having the same issue for SR300

0 Kudos
mike_t_2
Beginner

Any luck with this issue? I am having the same problem with my sr300 in camera explorer. Even with the SDK sample applications, I can not stream from the camera. Everything else such as voice recognition is working fine though. My laptop meets the specifications requirements to use the camera.

0 Kudos
DKryd
Beginner

there have been some windows builds that have problems with realsense cameras. i would suggest locating a "known issues" list for your build. microsoft has put any issues with the cameras in that list.there may be old drivers still on your system. get a copy of USBDeview and take a look at the camera drivers installed and remove any conflicting ones. i usually make sure the dcm and sdk are synchronized with latest versions.

0 Kudos
Mahadeo_W_
Beginner

I also facing same problem.. please check sr300 on different machine with latest version of SDK.

May be problem on sr300 camera i also replaced it.

0 Kudos
marco_f_1
Beginner
I have also exactly the same problem and spent 4 hours with no luck to get around it. Windows build: 10.0.10586.318 (per winver) DCM SR300: 3.1.25.2599 SDK: 6.8.0.24.6528 @Douglas: any chance you can post here your winning lucky strike of driver versions? I have tried for 4+ hours now switching drivers around but versions number make no sense, so I have no clue what is new or old or from Intel, from Microsoft, etc... Always stuck on "Please wait" or not even detecting the camera
0 Kudos
marco_f_1
Beginner
Testing on MacOsX with cpp-alignimages, the RGB stream seems to be missing so it may be an hardware issue with the camera. Is there also low level debugging tools on Windows like on MacOsX? I was expecting to have more debugging tools on Windows since it is officially supported...
0 Kudos
marco_f_1
Beginner
Ok, I tried with another SR300 camera and it is working. It seems that it was an hardware issue and not a driver issue for me. For whoever has similar problems, here are what is displayed in Device Manager: Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Depth: version 3.1.25.2599 Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 RGB: version 10.0.10586.0 Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300 Virtual Driver: version 14.18.10.486 Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300: version 10.0.10586.0
0 Kudos