Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

SR300 vs R200

Jessica_N_
Beginner

Hi!

I'd like to know the primary differences in capabilities between the SR300 and the R200 cameras.

I understand the general difference that the R200 has a much larger range (Whats its minimum range btw?) And that

the SR300 is more to be used for nearer applications with user interaction.

But capabilities wise, I've been trying to make a table.. So far this is what I have:

cameraDiff.png

I'm not sure if I've missed any capabilities but, I also found places/forums/etc. mentioining that SR300 can do measurement and scene perception too.. and that the R200 can do background removal/face tracking/gesture recognition/object tracking too... which would put the differences in capabilities at nothing.. but those posts could be wrong too..

Is anyone able to tell me the actual capability differences between the 2 cameras?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jb455
Valued Contributor II

The R200 range is from about 0.5-5m depending on lighting conditions etc. You can bring the near range down to around 0.3m if you use the lowest resolution depth image but then you may be losing some accuracy.

I haven't used the SR300 for a while, but from what I remember it works from around 0.15-1.5m. The colour picture quality is much better in the SR300 too - the R200 always comes out dull and grainy, even in good lighting conditions.

You can use both for measuring, but the SR300 doesn't support the SDK measurement methods so you have to create your own, which isn't too difficult. I haven't used any of the other modules so can't speak for them.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jb455
Valued Contributor II

The R200 range is from about 0.5-5m depending on lighting conditions etc. You can bring the near range down to around 0.3m if you use the lowest resolution depth image but then you may be losing some accuracy.

I haven't used the SR300 for a while, but from what I remember it works from around 0.15-1.5m. The colour picture quality is much better in the SR300 too - the R200 always comes out dull and grainy, even in good lighting conditions.

You can use both for measuring, but the SR300 doesn't support the SDK measurement methods so you have to create your own, which isn't too difficult. I haven't used any of the other modules so can't speak for them.

0 Kudos
Jessica_N_
Beginner

@ James B. Thanks so much for your response! Its really helpful :)

0 Kudos