Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Select Box's data did not wrapped and Lollipop UI Issue

Romit_M_
Beginner

Hello Guys,

I am newbie in intel xdk. I have developed one android application. It perfectly works upto android kitkat enabled devices. But in lollipop, its UI looks different. Select box's data visibled in next line as well as the next items are joined with each other. I attached screenshot with this post. Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Romit

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Are you using any UI framework? I recommend you use a UI framework like jQuery Mobile, App Framework or other to make your app responsive across different platforms.

0 Kudos
Romit_M_
Beginner

I am using App Framework with new cordova update given by Intel XDK. It perfectly looks upto Kitkat enabled android devices.

Actually this issue came after when i upgrade my application with cordova.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

See this post, I think the same applies to your issue: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/562734

0 Kudos
Romit_M_
Beginner

i built application in "crosswalk for android" and it gives me two apk files. First, I install x86 architecture apk. But, it shows me same UI in lollipop device as earlier. Then after, i tried to install 2nd apk (ARM architecture) which is not installed on my device (Moto G), might because of architecture not matched.

I think, this issue came because of application first built without cordova. After cordova update, this issue came.

I made one dummy application with new cordova update which has select box in it. It looks perfect in all device (In lollipop, length is same as i attached my screentshot earlier, but data not display in next lines, rather it has been wrapped. I attached that screenshot also with it.)

So, what will i do now ?

To build my existing application with new update, it will take my so many efforts again.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Your Moto G is an ARM device, not an x86 device. You can double-check by installing the CPU-Z app onto your device. On the "SOC" tab the first field shows the architecture. If it has an Intel logo it is an x86. If it has any other logo it's an ARM device.

Since you installed the x86 architecture file first on your test device it prevented you from installing the ARM version. This is due to the way the two architecture files are version coded, which gives the x86 priority for loading in the store (it's hard to explain here). Anyway, you need to completely uninstall the x86 version from your device before you install the ARM version.

Please debug your app using the Debug tab (with an attached Android device), this will give you the same results you will get when you build with Crosswalk. Crosswalk is the right solution, do not use the Android build option.

0 Kudos