Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Sound glitch on crosswalk/cordova export

Anders_S_
Beginner

I'm getting a strange sound glitch when testing my exported game.

Sound like a short static "bump", it is quite low and is not related to the sound volume setting on the device. It occurs every 10-isch seconds.
I think it started when I added the cranberrygame admob plugin.

edit: It has nothing to do with the plugin I mentioned, removed it but the problem remains. Also it turns out that it get louder depending on the device volume setting. The same problem also occurs when testing in the emulator.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Anders_S_
Beginner

*bump*

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Have no idea. Given that you hear this with the Emulate tab, as well, my suspicion is the JS game engine code that deals with the audio files or how you are using that game engine's APIs to drive the audio. In other words, I think this is a pure JavaScript + JS game engine lib problem and not an Android or Crosswalk or Cordova issue. Try running your app in a browser and see if you get the same results.

0 Kudos
Anders_S_
Beginner

There is no problem when I run the game in a browser or with Node Webkit.

The game is built using Construct 2.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

But you do experience this in the Emulate tab? That is, in essence, a browser (it's a Chromium browser). Which browser did you try? Chrome is the closest to the Emulate tab. The Emulate tab does not emulate real devices, it just simulates core Cordova plugins. That is why I don't think it's a platform problem, but something to do with the code or the JS game engine. Not sure how to help, I would check on the Construct2 forum.

0 Kudos
Anders_S_
Beginner

I have tested in Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Firefox with no problems. I have also tried compiling the same project with CocoonIO without any problems.

I have other projects in IntelXDK that had no problems before but now they all get the same problem in the emulator and when I compile and run them on a device.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Can you provide an example project that illustrates this behavior, along with instructions on how to duplicate it? Please ZIP the ENTIRE contents of the project directory and attach it to a post or send a link to the ZIP via a private message (click the "Send Author A Message" link at the upper right of my post).

0 Kudos
Anders_S_
Beginner

We had a beta update of Construct 2 today and one of the items in the list of bugfixes seemed very familiar to me :) Installed it and re-upped the project = sound glitch gone.

Thanks for your patience :) 

0 Kudos