Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

SplashScreen error on iOs, please Help

Alessandro_S_
Beginner

Hello, I've a problem with newer version of xdk. Even if I set every icon and splashscreen in the correct package-assets folder, my iPad (768x1024) doesn't show correct splashscreen but shows standard Cordova one. Further, my app is only Portrait (set in project and no icons provided for landscape), but how you can see from my 2nd attachment, the splash appears in landscape

What's happening? Unfortunately, yesterday we published with wrong icons and splashscreens. I've been succesful to fix icons, but not splashscreens.

Please help me, see attachments

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alessandro_S_
Beginner

the problem seems that XDK removed 1004 and 2008 splash settings (I have an old iPad): infact in my project you could watch at ios.xml configuration

<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-small.png" width="29" height="29"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-small@2x.png" width="58" height="58"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-small@3x.png" width="87" height="87"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-60.png" width="60" height="60"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-60@2x.png" width="120" height="120"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-60@3x.png" width="180" height="180"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-76.png" width="76" height="76"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-76@2x.png" width="152" height="152"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-40.png" width="40" height="40"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-40@2x.png" width="80" height="80"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-57.png" width="57" height="57"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-57@2x.png" width="114" height="114"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-72.png" width="72" height="72"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-72@2x.png" width="144" height="144"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-50.png" width="50" height="50"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-50@2x.png" width="100" height="100"/>
<icon platform="ios" src="package-assets/icon-187.png" width="187" height="187"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="ios/i2008.png" width="1536" height="2008" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="ios/i1004.png" width="768" height="1004" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="package-assets/i1334.png" width="750" height="1334" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="package-assets/i2208.png" width="1242" height="2208" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="package-assets/i1136.png" width="640" height="1136" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="package-assets/i960.png" width="640" height="960" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="package-assets/i480.png" width="320" height="480" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="package-assets/i2048.png" width="1536" height="2048" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="package-assets/i1024.png" width="768" height="1024" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="package-assets/i2732.png" width="2048" height="2732" orientation="portrait"/>

2008 and 1004 folder are wrong (the old one before updating xdk) and there's no way to edit, if I change as I build the folder gets back to ios folder. What's happening?

Further, even Icon for iPad (multitasking and spotlight) seems to be missing.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

See this file for some help > https://github.com/gomobile/sample-hello-cordova/blob/master/intelxdk.config.additions.xml < you need to add the lines you need inside the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file, not in those auto-generated config.xml file (see https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/adding-special-build-options-to-your-xdk-cordova-app-with-the-intelxdk-config-additions-xml-file)

0 Kudos
Alessandro_S_
Beginner
Thank you for answering. anyway this could solve splashscreen problem (because of wrong path), but what about icons? The icons are all set with correct path!what's wrong with ipad?
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

These are the sizes recommended by Apple > https://developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/graphics/app-icon/ < are you sure you've actually provided the relevant files? Please confirm that the files you specify are actually present in the specified locations.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
0 Kudos
Alessandro_S_
Beginner
Ok but I picked up icons by icons&splash of xdk project pane, so I'm pretty sure that icons exist and I picked up every icon required by xdk. Is there any icon needed by ios but not required by xdk that I have to add manually into config.xml?
0 Kudos
Alessandro_S_
Beginner

and again...why my app in set to portrait and in my iPad the standard wrong cordova splashscreen appears in landscape?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I'm not well-versed on all the possible icons for an iOS device, but the UI does not provide every icon that is possible, such as the notification and spotlight icons, most of the icons in the UI are for the startup icons, so you may have to use the additions.xml file to add any special icons. We are generating a standard Cordova app, so searching Stack Overflow for "cordova ios ipad icon missing" might help to find a solution.

Did you configure the landscape or portrait settings in the build settings?

0 Kudos