Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

The build failed

Ulises_G_
Beginner

The build failed.
An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.

Hello,

I´m Ulises. 

I have one problem building my apps, this problem is new. time before i don´t have this problem. now, i return to Version INTEL 2893 because with the new version i have several problems about the app. (Sign)

The build failed.

An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets are correct and try again.

I return at this version, in several times i build my app´s but yesterday i have all the time the same error.

All time install the plugins.
All time the same action.

Now, only this problem.

Thanks and best regards

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is a known problem that was identified a few hours ago with the build system that should be resolved in the next 24 hours. It is impacting builds with 2893.

We have issued a hotfix to 3088 that fixes the major issues people were having with that release. You can update to the new 3240 hotfix or wait for the build system update to allow 2893 to build.

0 Kudos
Ulises_G_
Beginner
Hello Paul thats is true but the problem with the 3240 is the conflict with the sign the apps. different SHA1 in the same app. thats is resolved? Thanks and BR. Ulises
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ulises -- yes, that issue was a backend problem (that only impacts 3088 and above) and was resolved at about the same time as the 3240 release. 3240 also fixes several of the more serious issues that were a problem in 3088.

0 Kudos
Ulises_G_
Beginner

hello Paul (and thanks for your time),

I´m Ulises and i hope to resolved my BIG PROBLEM.

in the xdk before to 3088, the sign is OK because the SHA1 is exacly the same at the SHA1 of my last app´s creates by xdk.

When i change (at the 1º  time) at the new version of intel 3088, my sign i have problems because the XDK is not correctly.

I create a new sign, i build the the same app, and the conflict in Google Play  is normal. Fail.

Return to the last version (2893) when i dont need to create the sign because the intel xdk, sign correctly the app.
With the 1º SHA1...All is correctly and the PLAY STORE accept my new version.

I think is a problem of my computer, and go to a friend home, and the other computer.install the new version of intel xdk, because i think...at this new computer, i dont have any archive of sign...and is possible create my sign and this time with the new requeriment. FAiL

All the new sign creates in my computer is in the cloud intel, and is impossible return to create my correctly  archive "keystore"

Why intel save my "keystore" and is impossible to return for create correctly my 1º Keysotre for to have a correctly funtionement in the play sotore?

Any Idea for to return to create my 1º keystore in the intel xdk?

Thanks for all.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Ulises -- the keystore you converted when you updated to 3088 (now 3240) is the same keystore you are using in 2893. When you upgraded to 3088 and "converted" your legacy keystore, you re-signed and renamed your legacy keystore and it was transferred into a database used by 3088 and later versions of the XDK. It is still the same keystore, but with an alias name and password assigned by you and located where you can manage it directly.

If you kept the converted legacy keystore in your account following the conversion you can download that keystore from 3240 (or 3088) for safe keeping (do not delete it from your account or from your system) and make sure you keep track of the new password(s) you assigned to it.

There are two problems we have experienced with converted legacy keystores at the time of the 3088 release:

• Conversion using foreign (non-ASCII) characters in the new alias names and passwords were being corrupted.
  • Final signing of your APK by the build system was being done with RSA256 rather than SHA1.

Both of the above items have been resolved and should no longer be an issue.

If you are unable to complete a build with your converted legacy keystore (i.e., builds fail when you use the converted legacy keystore) the first bullet above is likely the reason your converted keystore is not working. In that case we can reset your converted keystore and give you the option to convert it again. You do this by requesting that your legacy keystore be "reset" by filling out this form. For 100% surety during that second conversion, use only 7-bit ASCII characters in the alias name you assign and for the password(s) you assign.

If you ARE able to build with the converted legacy keystore, but your updated app (in the Google store) does not install on some older Android 4.x devices (typically, Android 4.0-4.2 devices), the second bullet cited above is likely afflicting your app. The solution for that problem is to rebuild your app and resubmit it to the store (that problem was a build-time problem).

0 Kudos
Ulises_G_
Beginner

Thanks Paul F.

I have complete the link you give me. "filling out this form"

After upload to new version of intel, i´m build my app and i have conflict, for this reason, please, reset my converted keystore. 

Thanks and best regards 

Ulises G.

0 Kudos
Ulises_G_
Beginner

Hello Paul,

After to reset my keystore with your link, the new build is Ok.

Thanks so much for all. The intel equip are the best.

Best regards,

To the next :)

Ulises

0 Kudos