Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

There is no CODE and DESIGN buttons

Aleksander_D_
Beginner

I am a beginner in XDK. I created my first empty project from the list of default projects and did not find CODE and DESIGN buttons on DEVELOP tab. I use Windows 7 on Intel 32bit processor. What I have to do to make them visible and continue my work? Help for the beginner :)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

The design option only shows up if you have checked the "Use App Designer" option when starting a new project from templates. If not develop tab is "code" by default.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

The design option only shows up if you have checked the "Use App Designer" option when starting a new project from templates. If not develop tab is "code" by default.

0 Kudos
Aleksander_D_
Beginner

Thank you very much. Thank you for so quick answer too. It was indeed. But more two questions I found to myself and please to answer on:

1. It is true what you explained but only when I choose Start a new projects/Templates/Blank. When I choose Start a new projects/Layout and user interface there is no checkbox Use App Designer. Tell me why please? Are these layouts closed to redesigning?
  2. Is it any possibility to restore/show/achieve CODE and DESIGN buttons in project created without earlier Use App Designer checked? Does it mean I can't work on projects without design mode no more?
0 Kudos
Rakshith_K_Intel
Employee

You have to start project with "App Designer", u cannot enable later.

Layout template does not have "App Designer" option anymore, you have start blank project with "App Designer" and then create the layout using the design tool

0 Kudos
Aleksander_D_
Beginner

Thank you very much. Regards from Poland.

0 Kudos
bharat_b_
Beginner

Well in that case templates won't serve any purpose for kick starting the project.

Earlier it used to help a lot.

0 Kudos