Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Transfer of named licens to new user and E-mail domain?

Anders_N_
Beginner

Hello,

My company purchased, some years ago, 2 single user licenses for Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Professional V10.1 , and still have software and license numbers. However, the users these were purchased to left the company, and now we're also in the situation that company name / E-mail domain etc. will soon change. My question is then, is it even possible to have these licenses re-registered to currently employed users, and have them transferred (perhaps not now, but soon) to a new company as well?

In such case the answer is yes, what would it require.

Best regards,

Anders

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jennifer_D_Intel

Hello,

Yes, this is possible.  When transferring between users with different email domains where the license owner is not available, we require proof that it is within the same company.  Generally this information is available online in news articles or the company website.  You can transfer a named-user license to yourself if you have the same email domain (there are exceptions) by registering the serial number in https://registrationcenter.intel.com.  If your email and company name changes and you own the license, then there is no problem changing the information.

Regards,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Anders_N_
Beginner

Well so far on the Intel website it is not easy finding this information. Rather it just say to go here on the forum. So I'd hope to have an Intel employee explain precisely how to transfer the mentioned licenses. No premium support etc. and in such case, go to the forum to get help.

No doubt a lot of information can be found online in articles etc. The tricky part is precisely which articles / where the information is located.
And as mentioned, the licenses were registered / downloaded by he original users when they worked here, and as such it is not possible to re-register them again at the site mentioned in the post above.

Best regards,

Anders

0 Kudos