Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

Unable to Use Compiler unless connected to particular network

Jason_W_2
Beginner

Good day

I am student at the University of Regina in Canada and given a licence because of my student status. I type my codes in Visual Studio and the Intel Fortran compiler for execution. I notice however I am not able to use the Fortran Compiler unless I am connected to the Internet and in particular, my school's network. Is this the case?

I see the two following errors when I am compiling:

Error        Error A license for Comp-FW is not available (-9,57).      
Error        error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license          

Regards

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Light_Intel

Thank you for contacting Intel Support. Looking at your license I see it is for cluster. I am not sure how the cluster had been installed. However, if the license sits on the head node and your system is a compute node that has no license, in that case you will need to be connected to the network in order to be able to use the product.

What can you do? You can install the product on your on system directly. That way you will always have a license on your own system and will not have to be connected to the Internet.

One more thing. can you please find the host id (mac address) of the system you are using and send it to me in a private message? See: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/how-to-find-the-host-id-for-the-named-user-license 

Regards,
Noga
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos