Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unable to put app in Play Store

Remi_I_
Beginner

I created an app which completely works.

I have built the app multiple times and have put it on the app store multiple of times.

However I have now built the app and received this error from Google Play.

This app uses software that contains security vulnerabilities for users or allows the collection of user data without proper disclosure.

Below is the list of issues and the corresponding APK versions that were detected in your recent submission. Please upgrade your app(s) as soon as possible and increment the version number of the upgraded APK.

Vulnerability APK Version(s)
Apache Cordova

The vulnerabilities were fixed in Apache Cordova v.3.5.1. You can find more information and next steps in this Google Help Center article.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

All of the versions we build with are greater than cordova-android@3.5.1, please see this FAQ > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/cordova#cordova-version < Is it possible you are submitting an old build and not one of the new builds? Perhaps you are using an old version of Crosswalk which is causing a misdetect of the Cordova Android version?

• build with CLI 5.4.1 or 6.2.0
  • build with Crosswalk 16 or greater

It's possible one of your plugins is very old and is misleading the Cordova Android version detection? Confirm your plugin versions are current and up-to-date.

0 Kudos
Remi_I_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

The build of the app is currently 6.2.0 and all the plugins are up to date. My Crosswalk Runtime is currently embedded and is 18 so not sure why its not working?

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

All of the versions we build with are greater than cordova-android@3.5.1, please see this FAQ > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/cordova#cordova-version < Is it possible you are submitting an old build and not one of the new builds? Perhaps you are using an old version of Crosswalk which is causing a misdetect of the Cordova Android version?

• build with CLI 5.4.1 or 6.2.0
  • build with Crosswalk 16 or greater

It's possible one of your plugins is very old and is misleading the Cordova Android version detection? Confirm your plugin versions are current and up-to-date.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I wonder if there are some version code problems, which is causing Google Play store to report on your existing entry in the store, rather than the version you are building and trying to submit? See these articles for details:

0 Kudos
Remi_I_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I've changed the App Version AND App Version Code however this is STILL NOT working!

I added 60000 to the App Version Code as still is being rejected.

I also made a whole new project which is STILL being rejected.

What is going on with Intel XDK ??? >:(

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

I wonder if there are some version code problems, which is causing Google Play store to report on your existing entry in the store, rather than the version you are building and trying to submit? See these articles for details:

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I sent you a private message.

0 Kudos
Remi_I_
Beginner

Sent this over

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Remi -- you are using an invalid value for the android:targetSdkVersion (Target Android API) in the XDK Build Settings of "5". See this table for the correct numbers > https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/uses-sdk-element.html#ApiLevels <

I recommend you use 21 for that value, especially when you build with Crosswalk. That is the value that is recommend by the Crosswalk library developers and insures the highest degree of compatibility for Crosswalk. By setting that value below the minimum API level, you're probably confusing the Google Play store and it's sending a bogus message regarding the Cordova version level detected.

0 Kudos
Remi_I_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Tried this feedback the app is STILL being rejected.

Unsure Why.

PLEASE SORT THIS ISSUE

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Remi -- if you build the app with a new App ID, are you able to submit it to the Google Play Store? That is, rather than updating the existing app? I suggest this as an experiment to try and understand what is going on. I've not seen anyone else having this problem, which leads me to believe it is something to do with the previously uploaded version or something to do with your newly built app. If you are able to submit the newly built app to the store (under a new App ID), then it would imply there's something about the update to an existing app that is causing the problem.

0 Kudos
Remi_I_
Beginner

Update--

I removed the cordova.js file and the app is now working the the app store.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Remi -- did you have a copy of the cordova.js as part of your application source?

That file is added automatically at debug and build time, it is not something that you should be including as part of your application, it is a custom-built file that is supplied as a function of the Cordova CLI and the target device (Android, iOS, etc.). It is a "phantom" file that should not be present in your application source, the system will add it in at the appropriate time.

0 Kudos