Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Unable to use CUDA nvcc compiler with ICC 13.x

romant73
Beginner

Hi All,

I've just upgraded 2011 XE to 2013 XE (update 3), one of my projects that intel compiler from 2011 XE package was able to assemble flawlessly fails to compile with ICC 13.x.

An error occurs on the nvcc compilation stage (compiling .cu file with CUDA kernel): nvcc : fatal error : A single input file is required for a non-link phase when an outputfile is specified.

Once again, both MSVC and 2011 XE do compile the project without errors. How to make 13.x do the same thing ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
romant73
Beginner

For some reason, this topic has appeared almost two days after I've submitted it, this issue is already under discussion in the "CUDA support, any news ?" topic of ICC Compiler branch of the forum. However, any suggestions are still welcome.

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Please continue discussion in the primary thead on Intel C++ compiler forum: Forum Topic: Failed to use CUDA nvcc compiler with ICC 13.x Web-link: software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/392230 Thanks.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Update: A problem with Intel C++ compiler was identified and should be fixed in a future release of Intel C++ compiler.
0 Kudos