Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Using Admob widget, stuck.

Sara_I_
Beginner

I've done the get third party plugin from web and dragged the widget onto the page.

I'm not sure what should go in the android key box.

I've gone on google admob, install app manually, selected the platform android and used the 'Ad unit Id' in this box.

I've built the app and tested...I'm guessing android key is not referring to ad unit Id? what is the android key or where else have I gone wrong?(built application is a blank white page. XD).

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Sara_I_
Beginner

bump.

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Can you provide screenshots of what is going wrong?

I am not sure what do you mean by android key box.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Hi Sara,

You need to create an account with admob here: https://apps.admob.com/ and register your application. 

It has three options when specifying your app details - Android, iOS and Windows Phone 8. Create one for whichever platform you are aiming for and include that key in the admob app designer widget. 

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Note that you have to use the third party plugin: https://github.com/floatinghotpot/cordova-plugin-admob

There is a sample illustrating Admob use that ships with the XDK. 

Start new project -> Samples and Demos -> General -> HTML5+Cordova -> Hello Admob. 

Import it as a third party plugin and it should work. I just recently tested that sample. There is information on how to include third party plugins in this article: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/adding-third-party-plugins-to-...

0 Kudos
Sara_I_
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

I have attached screenshoot of what I meant, the android key where I have put the adroid ID from admob google website.

I have done all the create account and plugin inserted as said in #1.

Still is not working.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

I´m using the plugin com.rjfun.cordova.plugin.admob. It works OK with my APP. 

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Have you tried building it and testing on device?

0 Kudos
Smith__J
Beginner

Have you made this work? I still can not get it to work.

0 Kudos
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

Maybe I could look your project and have an idea. If possible to you, you can zip all the project and send to me. 

0 Kudos
Sara_I_
Beginner

No still not working, I don't think however that the plugin is an issue, see other thread I have posted and the link I have followed on that, I have got it to work fine and it uses the same plugin.

Regarding #10, thank you for your post. I will shortly do that and attach.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
Smith__J
Beginner

Sara, did you get it to work? I can not get AdMob to work, I'm suspecting it is the code within the html.

Also, is it OK to put the same ad id in for Android, iOS, Windows? Or delete iOS and Windows? I do not have separate ads, and I am not doing iOS or Windows, only Android.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Why don't you guys try using admob without app designer? All you have to do is follow this sample code: https://github.com/gomobile/sample-hello-admob/blob/master/www/index.html

If you register your mobile app, you can retrieve the unit IDs for Banner and Interstitial ads there. Just replace it in the sample code.

0 Kudos
Smith__J
Beginner

I tried replacing the header code in the app with the example you gave, but I get "AdMob plugin not ready".

I already have 4 apps published, and they already have hundreds of installs. I really need to get what I have started working, rather than starting from scratch.

If this example code does not require a plugin, then how can I delete the plugin?

If this example does not need a plugin, why don't you guys replace the "AdMob template" with this, so us newbies who are not coding experts can simply add our ad IDs? I can't get anyone to help with this.

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

J.S,

Do you mind sending me your project code as a zip file via PM? I would really like to see if I can add admob to it. 

0 Kudos