Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

VTune 2015 Trial Version License Error

S_D_
Beginner

Hello,

I downloaded and installed a 30-day trial version of Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2015 today on my windows 64-bit machine. However, after running some profiling, as part of opening the results, VTune is throwing a license check error, similar to below.

License Check Failed

Intel VTune Amplifier XE 2015 cannot find a license file. Data cannot be displayed.

Error 0x4000001f (No valid license) -- License file is not found. Make sure that your license file is in the correct location and readable.

In the About VTune dialog > Details tab, the "License Type" and "Expiration Date" fields are empty.

What do I need to do fix this issue so that I can view the profiled results?

thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Light_Intel

We now have a workaround for this issue. Please see the following article:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/Intel-VTune-Amplifier-Evaluation-Version-License-Error

Also bear in mind. An evaluation license is only good for 30 days. Once it had expired it will no longer be usable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
82 Replies
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

That's very interesting. Did you activate/install VTune in eval mode, i.e. without serial number and/or license file?
Does the Intel Software Manager show you any licenses?

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
S_D_
Beginner

Hello Hubert,

I did activate/install VTune in eval mode. The Intel Software Manager > Licenses section has 1 node for VTune, where the Serial Number is N/A &  it says Evaluation expires in 31 day(s ) on 14 December 2014. If I click on the Activate button, it asks for the Serial Number, which I don't have, and AFAIK is not needed for evaluation product.

thanks

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Yes, the serial number is not required for the eval mode. To narrow down the issue, could you please provide me a debug log as follows:

Open a command prompt on Windows and execute the following:
> cd c:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\VTune Amplifier XE 2015\
> amplxe-vars.bat
> set INTEL_LMD_DEBUG=1
> amplxe-cl > c:\temp\vtune_log.txt 2>&1
> set INTEL_LMD_DEBUG=0

and upload the vtune_log.txt logfile via "Send Author A Message".

As a quick workaround please use the license file. I sent it to your email offline from the Intel® Registration Center. Copy the license file into

c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\

If this directory doesn't exist yet, create it first. VTune should find the license there and run as expected.

Regards, Hubert

0 Kudos
Marek_K_1
Beginner

Hello Hubert,

I'm stuck on exact same issue - in my case error no. is also 0x4000001f.
Error message suggested to setup env. var. INTEL_LICENSE_FILE, but I have no idea where such file could be located (C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\ is empty).
If there is any fix/solution for that issue can you post it here for me and others.

Thanks, Marek

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Marek,

Sorry for the delay. Are you talking about an evaluation or product license?

The enviornment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE is required only if the license file is not on it's default location
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\ or C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\ on 32-bit Windows OS.

Just copy over the license file (.lic) to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\. That's all.

Do you need an eval license file?

Regrds, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Toms_V_
Beginner

Hello,

I have the same problem with the EVAL license missing from the directories you specified.

Regards, Toms

0 Kudos
Marek_K_1
Beginner

Hello All,

I'm talking about evaluation license.
You asked "Do you need an eval license file?", so is there no option to use trial version without asking on that forum for eval license???

What is the problem in general, why this software cannot be used just as a trial? As I understand for evaluation usage there should not be any license file at %INTEL_LICENSE_FILE%?

Regards, Marek.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Marek,

You're right. An eval doesn't need a serial number nor license file nor any enviornment variable settings to operate. But as we encountered a bug recently with eval installations compiling 64-bit applications, we needed to offer the license file delivery service as a workaound until it's fixed.

Does this help?

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
xj_z_
Beginner

Hi Hubert.,

I have the same problem with the EVAL license missing and License check failed.

Error 0x4000001f (No valid license) -- License file is not found. Make sure that your license file is in the correct location and readable

Could you also provided me an eval license file to for a workaround?

thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Can you send me your email address (via "Send Author A Message") under which you registered the eval license?

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
xj_z_
Beginner

hubert-haberstock (Intel) wrote:

Can you send me your email address (via "Send Author A Message") under which you registered the eval license?

Regards, Hubert.

I cannot send the mail address successfully via "Send Author A Message".

it says:

Error

错误信息

• The following users will not receive this private message: mad\hhaberst [user].
  • You must include at least one valid recipient.

0 Kudos
xj_z_
Beginner

hubert-haberstock (Intel) wrote:

Regards, Hubert.

Hi Huber,

I couldn't send you my mail address successfully via "Send Author A Message".

I use sylvia_zxj@163.com to register the evaluation windows version VTune 2015, could you send me the eval license file, thank you so much.

thanks,

xiaojing

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Xiaojing,

Sorry for the delay. I've sent your the license file for the Intel® VTune™ Amplifier XE for Windows* Version: 2015. This is the only valid eval registration you actually have.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
sheela_k_
Beginner
Hi I also have the same problem of license failed for the evaluation copy. I downloaded it on 19th dec. Please help me. thanks Sheela
0 Kudos
mch_m_
Beginner

--

0 Kudos
Nikita_L_
Beginner

Hi Hubert,

I have the same problem.

Can you send me the file as well?

Nikita

0 Kudos
Stefan_d_
Beginner

Hi Hubert,

I just installed the VTune 2015 [update 1] and have the same issue as described above.

Can you send me the file as well?

Kind  regards,

Stefan.

0 Kudos
Mark_D_4
Beginner

I just installed latest trial version (it downloaded update 2) i get the same error, the analysis happens and then i get the same message reported here. Is there a workaround or a license number i can enter?

thanks

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Mark,

Could you please send me (via "Send Author A Message" link) your serial number or the email address under which you registered your eval license?

Thanks, Hubert.

0 Kudos
SAMBHAB_M_
Beginner

Hello Hubert ,

I am facing the same error

Please send me the license file too. 

0 Kudos